Texas Caches

Guest drs

Well, I see Arizona and Utah have active threads, I figured I'd start one for Texas.

I went down to Austin this weekend and found two there; you Austin Geocachers have some really beautiful areas. I saw 4 deer at the St. Edward's Park stash.

We in Dallas need some longer hikes. icon_smile.gif We've got some cool caches, but the longest I've hiked is about a half mile, on No Walk in the Park.

I bought a Rand McNally DFW "Streetfinder" and have picked out some fairly big parks, so hopefully I can put some caches there that will provide a bit of a walk.

I'm going to be out in west Texas in a few weeks, and hope to find Lighthouse and Running Water Draw.

What do you guys think?

dave (drs)

Guest Eoghan

Well, I'm going to see how many of your DFW area caches I can find this weekend. I've run out of Austin area ones. Good luck with the Lighthouse cache. I hope you enjoy 'the Canyon'!

Yeah, I've been to Palo Duro before - it's a really cool place. I've actually hiked to the lighthouse before, so I'm not expecting too much trouble getting close to the cache.. Finding it is always another story.