Adding non-local caches to GPS unit

Intarsiabox

I have a Garmin GPSMAP 64s that I'm trying to load caches to. I currently live in Canada but will be heading to New Orleans in a couple weeks. I can select caches that are in my area and send them to the GPS unit and they show up. I made a list for New Orleans and sent it to the GPS unit and it said it downloaded successfully but none of the caches are displayed. I tried picking just one cache from NOLA and again it said it was downloaded successfully but these caches aren't displayed in the GPS unit either. Is there a problem with downloading caches that are not near my current location?

11 minutes ago, kunarion said:

On newer Garmins, caches are not automatically displayed when they are beyond about 60 miles from where the GPS thinks it is.

Scroll to an area of the map to verify the caches appear.

It seems like that's the case. I used the "search near" function and then moved the curser to my hotel in NOLA and a big list showed up on the device. Thanks! I could see the GPX file on my computer but the caches just wouldn't display on the device and I couldn't figure out why.

• Upvote 1