Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
chasclifton

What happened to "Manage Waypoints"?

Recommended Posts

I own a Garmin GPSMap 62s. Just recently, I updated the firmware. It seems that the "Manage Waypoints" feature is gone, but the owner's manual has not been updated since 2011.

 

I can tap the "Find" button to get a list of waypoints, but I do not see a way to manage, edit, and/or delete them. How do you do that now?

 

Thanks in advance to all the Garmin expert users!

Share this post


Link to post

The 'Waypoint Manager' page is for this purpose.... I'm sure if you look long enough, you'll find it!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Atlas Cached said:

The 'Waypoint Manager' page is for this purpose.... I'm sure if you look long enough, you'll find it!

Thanks. This what confuses me: it used to be on same page with SATELLITE, AREA CALCULATION, SUN AND MOON, HUNT AND FISH, and other specialized functions. Now I don't see it there anymore.

 

I do see WAYPOINTS under the FIND button, but it lacks the edit and delete functions.

Edited by chasclifton

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, chasclifton said:

Thanks. This what confuses me: it used to be on same page with SATELLITE, AREA CALCULATION, SUN AND MOON, HUNT AND FISH, and other specialized functions. Now I don't see it there anymore.

 

Open Setup > Page Sequence > Add Page to add available pages to the menu.....

 

Open Setup > Page Sequence > Page List to edit available pages in the menu.....

 

 

Edited by Atlas Cached

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Atlas Cached said:

 

Open Setup > Page Sequence > Page List to edit available pages in the menu.....

Thank you! I did that at your suggestion.

But apparently the firmware update moved a few things around. Oh well, as long as I can edit waypoints, I'm happy.

Edited by chasclifton

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, chasclifton said:

Thank you! I did that. But apparently the firmware update moved a few things around. Oh well, as long as I can edit waypoints, I'm happy.

 

If you do not see it in the Main Menu, are you certain it is not in the Page Ribbon? Page's listed in the Page Ribbon are not available in the Main menu....

Share this post


Link to post

I have added it to the "page ribbon," if that is what you mean by the sequence of pages you get from pressing the PAGE button.
 

So all is good now. Thanks again for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Atlas Cached said:

 

If you do not see it in the Main Menu, are you certain it is not in the Page Ribbon? Page's listed in the Page Ribbon are not available in the Main menu....

OK, I see what you mean by the "Page Ribbon." I had my profile set to Classic. When I switched it to Geocaching, then I see the "ribbon" on the screen. Always more to explore!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×