McNary Wildlife Refuge cache disappeared?

citrix_99301

I struck out after work today to find yragnosluap' McNary Wildlife Refuge cache near Pasco, WA. When I got to the site there were already three other cachers, we teamed up and spent nearly an hour and a half scouring the area for the cache. I finally gave up and went to look for more clues but the cache has disappeared from the database as if it were never there. Any clues to the disappearance of the mystery cache?

I am not sure if you are subscribed to the WA geocaching list or not, but this was submitted by the hider of the cache:

Looks like the first cacher was the last! Seems it was confiscated by parks people.

I am going to try to go down and talk with them and see if there is a 'legal' place I can place the cache.

Gary

from log:

July 2 by Cache-Crew (4 found)

well I get to be the first and last person to find this cache. while looking The people from the National Game Refuge Dept. drove up and asked what I was looking for. I showed them the Print out and the GPS and told them all about geocaching. They then told me about the Wildlife refuge area and how it was not good to be tramping around where the birds were nesting. The officers were extremely nice and polite. and I agree with them the area had a lot of nesting birds and a lot of them nest on the ground, not good having people running around especialy if there are nests with eggs in the area. Since Mo

Jo JOJO was in the cache i helped them find it and they in turn let me bail him out . He will be spending some quiet time getting over the ordeal Katiebug is excited to spend time helping him get over his trauma. I think he is looking foreward to a trip to the coast soon though.