Night Caches

Quantum Mechanic

Quantum you are going out into the woods at night with Fractal. You are one brave dude. Tell Fractal I heard that the County Corners is a great night cache. icon_biggrin.gif

I would volunteer to join ya but I'll be on the big bird tomorrow night on my way to Conn. via Atlanta. Have a great time.

KTF !!! GBWY !!!

Quantum you are going out into the woods at night with Fractal. You are one brave dude. Tell Fractal I heard that the County Corners is a great night cache. icon_biggrin.gif

I would volunteer to join ya but I'll be on the big bird tomorrow night on my way to Conn. via Atlanta. Have a great time.

KTF !!! GBWY !!!

Begin your evening at O'Briens across from Cinema 21 and have a couple drinks (yes, they have margaritas). You'll need it to jump the fences here. Then you can cross the street to do this one.

Both of them are pretty easy in the daytime. But doing them at night will definitely produce interesting stories.

I haven't done many portland-area caches lately, so that's the best i can come up with on your side of the river.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Has Fractal done After Dark in Vancouver?

Nocturnal Ommisions works since you mention that one.

Another one is Genesis of Caching Lessons 1 & 2.

Heres a hint since there has only been one finder.

The answer is Mount Auburn.

The clues take you to the Unoriginal Stash and you got to use a flashlight from the end of the big log that the cache sits at the base of. Go to the other end and follow away.

quote:
Originally posted by Syn:

Oh yes.. I've done After Dark... I have witnesses icon_wink.gif

I'm sure we'll find some fun ones to do tonight. Just start printing out cache pages of any cache you wanna hit. Night time adds a whole new level to any cache...

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

quote:

Oh yes.. I've done After Dark... I have witnesses icon_wink.gif

I'm sure we'll find some fun ones to do tonight. Just start printing out cache pages of any cache you wanna hit. Night time adds a whole new level to any cache...

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

I have been planning on creating a cache that would require a laser pointer and some mirrors. The dark of night would be great for it, but I suppose it might work in daylight too.

I've been trying to find some cheap models that use one AAA battery, as opposed to those that use the small hearing-aid battery. Used pointers would be alright.

RobertLG

I make and sell stuff I'm not allowed to tell you about. icon_rolleyes.gif

I have been planning on creating a cache that would require a laser pointer and some mirrors. The dark of night would be great for it, but I suppose it might work in daylight too.

I've been trying to find some cheap models that use one AAA battery, as opposed to those that use the small hearing-aid battery. Used pointers would be alright.

RobertLG

My sister was in Colorado and saw a cache that used a reflector. The cache could only be found at night with a flashlight.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=23129

quote:
Originally posted by RobertLG:

RobertLG

My sister was in Colorado and saw a cache that used a reflector. The cache could only be found at night with a flashlight.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=23129

quote:
Originally posted by RobertLG:

RobertLG

quote:

Are you going caching tonight? Is it a get together? Is anyone invited?

If so, where is it and at what time?

Not really a get-together... I'm finally going caching with a friend I used to work with. I told him about Geocaching quite some time ago, but Quantum Mechanic finally got him out and doing it.

-fractal

Getting through Oregon City can be a real rat maze for anyone who hasn't been there before. The Yahoo map I was using had me seeing red.

The second part of the puzzle may need revision. I'm not an expert on math, but every time I add up the new name for Stone Woods I come up with 160. It would be nice for it to add up to 172, or have 160 divided by .155111 in order to keep from ending up a mile and a half east in the middle of a tree farm surrounded by No Trespassing signs.

Not that I'm complaining, the cache was an excellent experience!