Hurry up and Post

iconions

As some know, I was in Texas earlier in the month after taking a very nice cruise in the Caribbean.  I have been taking my time processing pictures as I am wont to do.  This afternoon, another waymarker hurried up and posted a fountain from Seguin, Texas, in a couple of categories, most notably the National Register District Contributing Building Category.  Of course, it was up to me, as an officer in that category to approve the waymark.  I struck me as funny as I know that I posted several waymarks from both Seguin and from Gonzales that this other waymarker had to then post visits earlier.  It just tickled me - a post or a visit - I'll take either one.  I'm wondering, though, how many more of these conflicting posted waymarks may show up...

I did get a couple of new categories for both posting and for visits.  I do recommend both Seguin and Gonzales if you are looking to visit a couple of really nice, historical towns in east central Texas.

48 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

did you  stop off at China Grove for "Immortalized in Lyrics"? It's just south of Schertz.

No, I only had a couple of days and Texas decided that rain would be just what this Onion needed when he visited!  We had rain every day when we were in the US except for our last two days - Dallas to OKC and OKC home.  I will tell you, though, that you can send a Buc-ee's and a Whataburger to Kansas City anytime y'all want.  Also, I guess it was okay to eat Tex-Mex four days straight after getting off the ship - dang it tasted GOOD!!!  Breakfast with huevos rancheros, tortillas, and beans - nah, it don't get much better than that, except for a great Tex-Mex dinner!
There are definitely more areas I want to go explore in that area - next year's big trip looks like the grand loop around Utah.  For my having seen all of the lower 48 states, I have a.) only driven across Utah, and b.) never seen the Grand Canyon.  
I know that I have filled up several waymarkers inboxes with visits on this trip and I am still working on about 80 more pictures from Seguin.  Amazing how many pictures one can shoot in the span of a couple of hours!

• Upvote 1

Interesting that you were just in Sequin, TX. I was there on Oct 5-6. I took about 150 photos around the courthouse and along the river.

I have not had time to do anything with them yet. I just got home on the 15th and now have to make a trip to San Antonio this weekend.

While in Seguin I found a few Categories within 500 feet of each other on the river:

High Water Marks

Hydroelectric Power Station (an antique)

Dams

River Gauge

Benchmark

Independent Restaurant

Dog Friendly Restaurant

Swimming hole

Photo Then and Now

Seguin Water.jpg

8 minutes ago, 8Nuts MotherGoose said:

Interesting that you were just in Sequin, TX. I was there on Oct 5-6. I took about 150 photos around the courthouse and along the river.

I have not had time to do anything with them yet. I just got home on the 15th and now have to make a trip to San Antonio this weekend.

While in Seguin I found a few Categories within 500 feet of each other on the river:

High Water Marks

Dams

River Gauge

Benchmark

Independent Restaurant

Dog Friendly Restaurant

Swimming hole

Photo Then and Now

Seguin Water.jpg

9 minutes ago, 8Nuts MotherGoose said:

High Water Marks

Dams

River Gauge

Benchmark

Independent Restaurant

Dog Friendly Restaurant

Swimming hole

Photo Then and Now

Seguin Water.jpg

I just missed you - I was there on the first.  Great town (any Texas town is great when they have a Whataburger!)  
I love that picture above. 

I left SA around 3 I think and got back at 7.  I shot a boatload of pictures and am getting a lot of waymarks from around the square.  I'm almost done.

I got my first dedicated tree and my first Old Spanish Trail - that one was especially nice for a Kansan!

I got hard rained on while on the bridge taking Then and Now Photos, Benchmark, and River Gauge. 1/2 hour later I took the Rainbow photo as I was leaving town.

I was in the old theater earlier in the day. They still have the old carbon-arc movie projector in the loft. I used to have a job operating one when I was in college.

Edited by 8Nuts MotherGoose
1 minute ago, 8Nuts MotherGoose said:

I got hard rained on while on the bridge taking Then and Now Photos, Benchmark, and River Gauge. 1/2 hour later I took the Rainbow photo as I was leaving town.

It did a LOT of raining while I was in Texas - I think it was the State's way of crying this ONION out of its borders!  LOL  Hopefully, I'm not stepping on too many of your pictures!

Since we are talking about Seguin, TX.

Seguin, TX is the location for GC7JK1C, 17th Annual Texas Challenge and Festival on the weekend of March 9, 2019.

I am in charge of getting this Event organized.

Groundspeak has reduced the number of Events allowed per day. We were unable to get an Event approved for another Waymarkers Gathering this year.

After this weekends Committee Meeting, I will have more information and will write a new Post in this forum.

1 hour ago, 8Nuts MotherGoose said:

Since we are talking about Seguin, TX.

Seguin, TX is the location for GC7JK1C, 17th Annual Texas Challenge and Festival on the weekend of March 9, 2019.

I am in charge of getting this Event organized.

Groundspeak has reduced the number of Events allowed per day. We were unable to get an Event approved for another Waymarkers Gathering this year.

After this weekends Committee Meeting, I will have more information and will write a new Post in this forum.

Sounds fun - a little far for me for a weekend though.  I'm already committed to time off in May and September...