Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
M & M from AZ

No GeoCaches

I seem to be creating my own problems and then not solving them. My latest, is after downloading caches Via "My List" I then go to the GeoCache app on my eTrex 35 and it shows no caches.  I have checked the in GPS- GPX file and find the GPX files in the gpx folder.  I have tried My List, Wireless transfer, and copy/paste from the computer to the gpx file.  In each case the caches are in the gps-gpx folder but will not show on the app.  I have removed the batteries and reluctantly reset the eTrex 35 touch to no avail.  Everything worked OK until a rainy day and too much time on my hands.  Any help on what I may have messed up would be appreciated.

Thank You

Mike (M & M from AZ)

6 minutes ago, M & M from AZ said:

I seem to be creating my own problems and then not solving them. My latest, is after downloading caches Via "My List" I then go to the GeoCache app on my eTrex 35 and it shows no caches.  I have checked the in GPS- GPX file and find the GPX files in the gpx folder.  I have tried My List, Wireless transfer, and copy/paste from the computer to the gpx file.  In each case the caches are in the gps-gpx folder but will not show on the app.  I have removed the batteries and reluctantly reset the eTrex 35 touch to no avail.  Everything worked OK until a rainy day and too much time on my hands.  Any help on what I may have messed up would be appreciated.

Thank You

Mike (M & M from AZ)

Have you checked cache filters?  It's possible to select filters in a way that no caches show.  I have my Garmin Oregon in a clamshell case, and I still manage to set cache filters sometimes.

THANK YOU KUNARION!!!!!!!!!  I also have my eTrex in a case but found that I had filtered by "did not find".   I will sleep better tonite!

Mike (M & M from AZ)

1 hour ago, M & M from AZ said:

THANK YOU KUNARION!!!!!!!!!  I also have my eTrex in a case but found that I had filtered by "did not find".   I will sleep better tonite!

Mike (M & M from AZ)

Cool!  I'm glad that worked.  :)