PQ email notifications

The Swaggies

For many years I have been running Pocket Queries and Geocaching sends me an email notification for each PQ.

But now I still want the PQ run every week, but I don’t want the email notification as I usually just download it when I require it.

I can’t find the switch to turn that part off, can anyone help?

There is no "on/off switch" for PQ notifications. 

If you don't want to see them, you can specify an alternate email address in the PQ setup screen, which would direct the notifications to a throwaway email account that you don't need to check.

Or, you could create a filtering rule in your email client that looks for unique terms in the email subjects (such as "Geocaching: Your Pocket Query") and filters matching messages into a separate folder (which could be your trash folder).  If you want notifications for some queries but not others, use unique terms in the names of your pocket queries and filter on those terms, since they're also part of the email's subject line.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 11/07/2018 at 7:44 AM, Keystone said:

There is no "on/off switch" for PQ notifications. 

If you don't want to see them, you can specify an alternate email address in the PQ setup screen, which would direct the notifications to a throwaway email account that you don't need to check.

Or, you could create a filtering rule in your email client that looks for unique terms in the email subjects (such as "Geocaching: Your Pocket Query") and filters matching messages into a separate folder (which could be your trash folder).  If you want notifications for some queries but not others, use unique terms in the names of your pocket queries and filter on those terms, since they're also part of the email's subject line.

Thanks Keystone, I will do the email filter bit. 

The other thing I might do instead is reduce my radius for new cache notifications down significantly.

thanks for your help.