Message Center not loading!

J&LA

I see the words "message center" but nothing will load. Tried both mobile and desktop modes using Chrome. Noticed occasionally this would happen in the middle of checking current conversations, but previously a reload of the page would get content to reappear.  This time I'm SOL. Trying to see a photo someone sent to the messaging but can only see it in the tiny preview on the email that was generated when they sent it.  I also cannot send any messages through the center without using an existing email thread. Screenshot_20180624-111856.thumb.png.261ad0106183bd8e04b32fbb2b691548.png

I'm sort of answering my own question here.  Tried a few things while waiting.  So, I rebooted my phone, tried it again, & it still didn't work. Got frustrated, set it down to go to the other room, but when I got back it was loaded. No reason it should be going that slow. The rest of the page is loading at normal speed. And it does have that "blank out in the middle of conversations" problem anyway.