Tacoma Narrows Benchmarks

Criminal

On Sunday afternoon, at 5:37pm to be exact, there will be a 2.1’ low tide at the Tacoma Narrows bridge. This is about the lowest low tide I’ve seen in a while. Anyone interested in meeting under the bridge round about 4pm or so, drop me an email and we’ll try to capture some of the elusive benchmarks that lie below the water most times. I’ll only have about two hours or so to hunt them so I plan to be quick and dirty.

EDIT: Change to Sunday

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/

Sure wish I could go. I grew up near the bridge (a long time ago). When I was a kid, we used to ride our bicycles across it to go hunting (that's when there was nothing but forest on the other side). The bridge tenders always had popcorn in the little booth on the east side and they would share it with us on our return trip. I've made may trips across there on my old three speed bicycle.

Have fun..

Charlie Trail Duster -

When you pat a dog on its head, he will usually wag his tail. What will a goose do?

Paul Lynde-- Make him bark.

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

On Sunday afternoon, at 5:37pm to be exact, there will be a 2.1’ low tide at the Tacoma Narrows bridge. This is about the lowest low tide I’ve seen in a while. Anyone interested in meeting under the bridge round about 4pm or so, drop me an email and we’ll try to capture some of the elusive benchmarks that lie below the water most times. I’ll only have about two hours or so to hunt them so I plan to be quick and dirty.

EDIT: Change to Sunday

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/

Other good low tide times coming up:

2/24 5:56 pm (sunset is at 5:48 tide is lowest at -0.2 feet

3/23 3:13pm -0.9 feet

4/19 2:02pm -2.4 feet (!)

5/17 12:53pm -3.6 feet (Wow!)

6/15 12:36pm -3.9 feet (double wow!)

All at the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

icon_geocachingwa.gif