Out of order field notes due to CacheSense log times

I noticed yesterday that my field notes were way out of order when logging them in Geocaching.com.  I normally use CacheSense, but lately I've been using Geospeak's app more.  For urban or country road caching CacheSense works better since it easily integrates with Google Maps driving directions, but the Geocaching app works better (for me) for trails in the woods.

Well, it turns out that the CacheSense field note times are 7 hour off (ahead) of the current time, so on a day where I might use both apps the order of the field notes is way off.  Not normally a big deal, but I've been using a trackable for the last couple of years to log how many miles I travel while caching.  Out of order logs will artificially inflate the distance traveled.  It may have always been this way, and if I always used CacheSense I may not have noticed it.

I don't think CacheSense is supported any longer, which is unfortunate since it was (and still is) a pretty good app.

So, does anyone know if 1) this 7-hour discrepancy is new, and/or 2) how to correct it?

I figured it was something like that, like CacheSense had fallen back to UTM.  I was hoping, though, that it was something configurable in CacheSense, but I haven't been able to find any relevant setting in the app.  That may just simply be the way it is, and I'll need to live with it.  

Oh -- I just found how to get Google Maps directions from within the Geocaching app.  I hadn't noticed that icon on the cache page before.  That'll get me to use the app more.

Not to pick nits (especially with an esteemed contributor to so many) but in the name of not letting a typo become folklore, it's surely "Universal Time Coordinated" (abbreviated "UTC") that's in play, not UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator, a coordinate system - it's a common thing to type) that's in play here.

As to the meta point about order being retained, the site has generally not knocked itself out to preserve logging order, time of uploads, time marked within an updload, or related data. There are all kinds of odd corner cases (including inflated mileage if you're trying to compute miles of travel in a day based on log order) that the site just really doesn't focus on.  Once you start mixing software across sources (e.g. logging and/or viewing across the web site vs. multiple apps) you'll find even more room for wiggle room. If you log in multiple apps per day and you then upload finds on different days, you may observe differences in time zones, sort stability, log order. vs proximity order, and other zany things.

If you actually care about miles traveled, keeping the logs from your unit would be most helpful action you could take. Then you'd have your actual time near every cache. Hint: remember to filter out DNFs and caches you drive by at high speed.