Puzzle help

nebrevod

Hi,

I have not really done any Multi's and only some puzzles. I have one very near home and I have been meaning to solve and am in need of some help. From the description it reads below.

Please respect park hours for initial coords At the posted coords you'll find a big pole. On the east and west sides of the pole are the letters SIFT as well as four more letters. These are different on each side of the pole. Write down these letters. Now determine the alphabet value for each letter. Let the values for the letters on the trail side of the pole equal ABCD. Let the value for the park side letters equal EFGH. Now figure the following 2 sets of coordinates :

<Moderator removed puzzle data>

I am fairly sure I am solving the puzzle wrong, any hints for a puzzle rookie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Rock Chalk
Removed puzzle data.

Have you asked the CO for help or a hint?

It's considered bad form to ask for help on individual caches in the forums.

Sorta a how would you feel if you were attempting to solve this, to find it's now simply solved in the forums thing.

Likewise, a CO probably wouldn't be too happy to find his puzzle is now solved for everyone to see. :)

Part 7 in the forum guidelines says, "All contact with other community members through Groundspeak's sites is subject to the Terms of Use".

Restrictions in the TOU says, "xxiii.Publish on our websites the solutions, hints, spoilers, or any hidden coordinates for any geocache without consent from the geocache owner".

Have you asked the CO for help or a hint?

It's considered bad form to ask for help on individual caches in the forums.

Sorta a how would you feel if you were attempting to solve this, to find it's now simply solved in the forums thing.

Likewise, a CO probably wouldn't be too happy to find his puzzle is now solved for everyone to see. :)

Part 7 in the forum guidelines says, "All contact with other community members through Groundspeak's sites is subject to the Terms of Use".

Restrictions in the TOU says, "xxiii.Publish on our websites the solutions, hints, spoilers, or any hidden coordinates for any geocache without consent from the geocache owner".

Sorry was not aware, I will do so. He has been really helpful in the past was just trying to understand how to solve the formula so to speak.