building my first Wherigo

armgdn666

I need some advice if possible please? i started out the day finally getting the Wherigo builder from Groundspeak working on my computer (special thanks to this forum). however my Wherigo would not work. i stated to use the Wherigo//kit and it worked wonderful. but, i wanted to do a question/answer, play anywhere cache. i loaded up everything i needed and when i go to try it out, nothing shows up. this is my first Wherigo cache but i have done a few that were anywhere types and zones and zone with answers. somehow, the formalities are not working. i wanted this cache to be a play anywhere with q&a with the final cords at the end. if any help can be given it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

mark

armgdn666(cache name)

I would recommend using earwigo.net. There is an option to make any Wherigo a play anywhere. I also think it is possible to import the Wherigo kit cartridge into earwigo. The nice thing about Wherigo kit is that it imports into all of the builders. I believe the relocation option moves the first zone to the starting coordinates of the player although I haven't tried it yet.

Hmm, did you upload your Wherigo to Wherigo.com? If so, if you provide a link I could see if the cartridge works for me. Now that I think about it, if you just want questions and a final zone, you could probably do the whole thing in kit although I don't know if there is a limit to stringed inputs.

i just tried to upload my file to the builder and it comes up with: ERROR OCCURRED WRONG LOCAL HEAD SIGNATURE 0X59530A02.

i did send an email for an account login for earwigo.

any help would be appreciated. sorry for the late response, my work schedule decided to go crazy and my normal shifts changed.

thanks mark

Hi Mark,

Just to check, so you want the cartridge to start with only questions and no zone? If so then you'll want to use eariwgo, urwigo or the Groundspeak builder. There is a bit of a learning curve with using each of these and unfortunately the Groundspeak builder can be a little buggy. The cartridge will be simple: create a series of questions on start with a message with the coordinates at the end. You could also add a final zone to this as well.

If you don't mind having a starting zone, Wherigo kit works great and will be the easiest bet for creating this project though. I would recommend building the Wherigo in kit and if there are any features you need to add beyond this, you can import the cartridge into earwigo and make the necessary changes from there.

Btw, thank you Ranger Fox, that means alot! :)