inputting new coordinates on an iphone

Emmie's Mum

Hi folks

Can anyone advise me of the best way to proceed with say a multi-cache when I have the new coordinates to hand? I cache using geocaching app from my iphone 6 (I dont have a garmin or other handheld) I cant see a function on my geocaching.com app that allows me input the answer coordinates. Is there a third party app (even google maps or similar) that people use to guide them to the new location for the physical cache?

Any help/guidance gratefully received :blink:

Thank you for that pointer. One more question though; if I add the new coordinates as a way point, does it only add it on my view of the geocache or does it appear for everyone to be able to see i.e. I don't want to do it and end up spoiling it for everyone else if it is permanently added to the entry for all to see?

If you add new waypoints with an app, they will only show in the app on your phone. You can also add correct coordinates on the Groundspeak website for caches that are not your own and they do not affect the published listing that everyone else sees. With the iphone app I use, I often create "megacaches" to identify places that we want to visit, but no other cachers go there because they are not published on this site.

Edited by geodarts