Pocket Queries

Hello fellow travellers.

I'm having a problem with the Pocket Queries feature on the site. It's probably a case of me over looking something but regardless I'm stumped and feel that I have said enough horrible words to my computer.

I am attempting to download a large number of caches and have them in a .GPX format so I can just toss them on my GPS. When I set up the query I have .GPX selected. I submit the query and it spits out the list of caches. I check them all and select download. The issue is that they're coming down in the .LOC format.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I'm also a little foggy on the whole getting an email with the link to download it and the max of 10 queries a day, as I have ran that one query at least that many times.

I would love if a wise wizard of geocaching could help me out. Please be gentle, this is my 4th day of being one of your kind.

Thanks in advance!

Hello fellow travellers.

I'm having a problem with the Pocket Queries feature on the site. It's probably a case of me over looking something but regardless I'm stumped and feel that I have said enough horrible words to my computer.

I am attempting to download a large number of caches and have them in a .GPX format so I can just toss them on my GPS. When I set up the query I have .GPX selected. I submit the query and it spits out the list of caches. I check them all and select download. The issue is that they're coming down in the .LOC format.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I'm also a little foggy on the whole getting an email with the link to download it and the max of 10 queries a day, as I have ran that one query at least that many times.

I would love if a wise wizard of geocaching could help me out. Please be gentle, this is my 4th day of being one of your kind.

Thanks in advance!

The list you are seeing is the PREVIEW list which is a good thing to get. If the list is what you expected, then go back to the query creation page and select a day to run at the top of the form (it can be the current day). Now submit the query and you will get an email when the gpx file is created and ready for download. If you select current day, the file will usually be ready in less than 15 minutes.

The list you are seeing is the PREVIEW list which is a good thing to get. If the list is what you expected, then go back to the query creation page and select a day to run at the top of the form (it can be the current day). Now submit the query and you will get an email when the gpx file is created and ready for download. If you select current day, the file will usually be ready in less than 15 minutes.

Thank you! That's awesome. Perfect information. I appreciate you taking the time and holding my hand haha