How do I install NW Trails on my Garmin Oregon 450?

nedyken

One thing I absolutely despise about geocaching is the learning curve in regards to dealing with handheld GPS devices. I figured out all this stuff 3-4 years ago when I originally started geocaching. I had NW Trails ( http://www.switchbacks.com/nwtrails/ ) installed on my Garmin Oregon 450, but at some point I must have accidentally uninstalled it. Now years have gone by and I can't remember how I installed it.

I'm pretty sure I was using a piece of software called Base Camp. I think maybe I had a topo map installed as well? Which topo map do you recommend? And how do I go about installing NW Trails. I'd appreciate anyone that can point me in the right direction.

Nevermind! I think I used software called MapSource 4 years ago when I had a PC, but now I'm on a mac. I did some googling and found an app called Garmin MapInstall that let me pretty easily install the downloaded map. There's still some stuff I don't totally remember how to do, but I think this got me where I needed to go. Thanks !

Nevermind! I think I used software called MapSource 4 years ago when I had a PC, but now I'm on a mac. I did some googling and found an app called Garmin MapInstall that let me pretty easily install the downloaded map. There's still some stuff I don't totally remember how to do, but I think this got me where I needed to go. Thanks !

thanks Jester. I played around with it yesterday and figured out how to do a couple things with it. Also, it was nice meeting you at the geocaching event last weekend. Thanks for the tips!