Quickest Jasmer

Hey guys! Wondering if you could help me figure out who some of the cachers are that did the Jasmer challenge in the shortest amount of time. I am specifically curious about who did it in the fastest time since they began caching. Thanks for any insight!

Hey guys! Wondering if you could help me figure out who some of the cachers are that did the Jasmer challenge in the shortest amount of time. I am specifically curious about who did it in the fastest time since they began caching. Thanks for any insight!

I guess the fastest is one day.

Let me explain. When geocaching started, the first finders of the first (few) cache(s) completed the grid of all available "placed" months when they found their first cache(s).

I guess that's not what you mean :ph34r:

The original The Jasmer Challenge (Northern California Edition) was placed on 2008-12-19.

So I think the question becomes more meaningful when only taking into account the completed challenges starting from that date.

According to his log on 'The Oregon Jasmer ( Are You Up For The Challenge)', RogueAirPirate completed the challenge in about 7 months (member since 2012-10-09, challenge completed 2013-05-16).

Anyone faster?

The speed of completing a Jasmer Challenge seems like a rather odd thing to be pondering. It's not hard to finish a Jasmer quickly. The main difficulty is being at the right location in the world. Slightly less important is being there at the right time of year.

With a little route planning, I'm fairly sure most people could do a full 193-month Jasmer in less than two weeks...if they started near Oregon or Utah during the summer.

Edited by CanadianRockies

Since many of the qualifying ones for the FTF on the origninal in California can be found in California it didn't anytime. So when the cache went published, he had already found 13 in CA and the others he also found prior to the publish date.

So I guess it would take longer if you were starting from scratch.