Two Virginia Stashes Corrected

Guest Drew

Today, Monday January 12, 2000, I revisited two of my VA stashes and corrected the coordinates that were in error due to the wrong map datum in my Map 330.

The revised stashes are:

"The Burke Lake Park Stash"

"The Springfield Santa Stash"

Both revised postings now appear on the geocaching.com web site. The "Watch Exchange" cache is correct as originally listed. My apologies to those who visited the site and were disappointed by the coordinates being a bit off. As of this date, all three stashes are still intact.

Drew Cohn

Visit the Map 330 Club at http://map330.cjb.net

Guest cache_ninja

heh heh, by the way, today monday is the 15th.. really no worries, you caught and fixed the quickly. you are not the only one who has had their gps unknowingly change to a screwy Datum. i'm sure there are others out there not using WGS-84 without knowing, we need to keep on the lookout for caches with lots of not-found posts etc.

c/n

I've had mine jump datum on me, but I'm sure due to my goofing around with it and not being careful to reset it. I've also hunted some caches unsuccessfully, afterwhich, I tried changing datums to those listed near WGS-84 and managed to locate the booty, thus verifying the hider used incorrect datum when placing the cache. I figure if I spent so much time driving and hiking to a location, I'm going to try everything possible to locate the darned thing icon_smile.gif

I've had mine jump datum on me, but I'm sure due to my goofing around with it and not being careful to reset it. I've also hunted some caches unsuccessfully, afterwhich, I tried changing datums to those listed near WGS-84 and managed to locate the booty, thus verifying the hider used incorrect datum when placing the cache. I figure if I spent so much time driving and hiking to a location, I'm going to try everything possible to locate the darned thing icon_smile.gif