Logging Trackables via an app on phone

Clan o' Cache

Hey all,

I have run into a bit of a snag when logging Trackables via the iOS app (I assume this applies to the android app as well). It seems to log TB's on the app, you have to log it separately from when you are actually logging the find for a particular cache. This is a big pain because it essentially forces me to log a cache twice. Once, for the "Found it" and then again to "visit" or "grab" or "drop" a TB. I like to log my finds as I get them via my phone, not at a PC when I'm done for the day. Is there any way to log a TB at the same time as logging the find through the phone app? If the current app will not allow for this, can we bump this up to HQ to add that as a feature? It would be extremely time saving, especially if you have a TB you take with you to visit caches (like the TB patch on my bag, or when racking up some TB racer miles before dropping it). I can't be the only person who would like to see this as an option.

ps, the easiest way I've found to do this is log my finds as I get them on my phone, out in the field. Then, come home, hop on my iPad, go to geocaching.com, look at my log entries and edit them to add my TB visits. This still is double the time it should take to log TB's, IMO.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1