caching along routes question

So, I wanted to do a caching trip where I choose a random zip code and head toward that zip code getting all small-large caches along the way on my side of the road avoiding the interstate. Problem is the system only lets you go up to 500 miles. also it does not let you pick just one side of the road. It is a neat feature but I am disapointed with the limitations. Is there a way to generate a map bigger than 500 miles?

So, I wanted to do a caching trip where I choose a random zip code and head toward that zip code getting all small-large caches along the way on my side of the road avoiding the interstate. Problem is the system only lets you go up to 500 miles. also it does not let you pick just one side of the road. It is a neat feature but I am disapointed with the limitations. Is there a way to generate a map bigger than 500 miles?

O. M. G.

You want only one side of the road??? Are you serious? You have any idea how difficult that would be?

The caches along a route query tool is a wonderful thing, but it needs to be used properly. For what you want, I think the maps would be better. Nonetheless, there is an easy way to do longer than 500-mile routes:

Do multiple queries.

Here's the way I do something similar.

Create the route in Google My maps.

Save the route as KML

Import the route into a PQ.

Run a PQ 0.5 Km each side. This may be too big for you, try 0.2Km.

Optionally run a second PQ 5Km either side just showing virtuals and earth caches

Load the PQ into GSAK, ensure the user flag column is visible

Run the Google Earth macro to view the caches along the route

Tick the user flag in GSAK for the caches you want to delete

Filter to user flag set.

Delete the whole filter.

Here's the way I do something similar.

Create the route in Google My maps.

Save the route as KML

Import the route into a PQ.

Run a PQ 0.5 Km each side. This may be too big for you, try 0.2Km.

Optionally run a second PQ 5Km either side just showing virtuals and earth caches

Load the PQ into GSAK, ensure the user flag column is visible

Run the Google Earth macro to view the caches along the route

Tick the user flag in GSAK for the caches you want to delete

Filter to user flag set.

Delete the whole filter.