GPS Club and GPS Course

Puppyman

Bob Tail and I are discussing forming a Gps club and Gps course around Moraine Park.

The intent is to instruct newbies and interested people in the use of GPS's and to promote the Geocaching Sport.

The will be at least two Gps courses setup with patches and other items for completing each course.

One course can be completed in a few hours while the other course may take a day or two to complete.

We also talked about a Newsletter, planned meetings,etc including local news coverage.

REMEMBER!! This is still in the planning stage!!

We need anyone willing to instruct and interested to contact us!

I would prefer that you contact me, and I can build a list and submit it to MR. Tait.

(He has many projects he is working on)

I will post a new topic on this subject also. Paul

This sounds interesting Puppyman. Have you got any idea when you are going to start planning things that you can put on paper or on the forums so that we can follow whats going on. I would like to be able to see what progress you have made. If i knew what was going on when i may be able to help with a few things. Moraine is only a half hour away from us.

Eeyore

I'm one sat short of triangulation.

I went over to Moraine the other day to the Sunkin Garden Trail Cache and to look around for some ideas for some virtual caches along the trail. Found at least 3 good locations on half of the trail that I was on.

Will go back and do the other half at a later date, I will also check out the hilltop trail.

I would like to keep the instruction within a 15-30min time frame, covering the basic screens, controls, setting waypoints, etc.

Seeing that I have an Etrex Basic, i'm looking for someone that could cover controls or options not found on the gps that i have.

And the last point I have in mind is to keep the physical caches off the list as Moraine has more than enough caches ( MR Obi - park director ) on it now.

Any other ideas/suggestions are welcome.