New caches not showing in GPS

Hillster

Hi there all.

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

I own a Magellan Explorist 510 which I am extremely happy with. However, lately, when I put a new cache in it although I know it is there I can not bring it up on the screen. I noticed this when I put a just published cache in the GPS and went out to look for it. When I got near the area I tried to find it but it would not show up.

Well if this is happening to you then I have found the answer. Your memory on the gps may be full or you might have to many geocaches in the unit. I sent a request to a person in the United States about the issue and he gave me then instructions to fix it.

Now I will put the instructions up below but first let me say what I did. Being a male I thought I did not need instructions. So instead of going through the steps as given I went straight to Tools then Settings then Memory. I then cleared it. After a short time the memory was cleared. Great but so was every geocache and track that was in it. But at least it is fixed. Now I will state the way that was given to me. That way you will not loose geocaches and saved tracks etc.

1) First use VantagePoint and make copy of all geocaches, routes, waypoints and trails.

2) Attach GPS to PC using USB cable.

3) This will produce a virtual disk named F:\Magellan

4) Make a mirror (backup copy) of your entire contents of the GPS to your PC.

5) Now close the PC to GPS connection.

6) Turn off the GPS.

7) Turn on the GPS.

8) Now clear ALL geocaches from the GPS.

9) Turn off the GPS.

10) Reinstall the latest firmware version for the unit.

11) Remember to use the forced install method as listed on our www.jungleghost.com website

12) Now go to VantagePoint and recopy all your geocaches to the GPS.

I hope this helps other cachers fix the problem.

Again please tell me if this is in the wrong section and I will fix it.

See you all on the find

Hillster

Kev Hill.