Cannot load caches into 64s

I just bought a gpsmap 64s and I am having problems getting geocaches into it. I've tried GSAK, Garmin basecamp, pocket queries, rebooting and anything else people have suggested and still will not load. All I have right now is an expensive paper weight. Any help would be appreciated.

I just bought a gpsmap 64s and I am having problems getting geocaches into it. I've tried GSAK, Garmin basecamp, pocket queries, rebooting and anything else people have suggested and still will not load. All I have right now is an expensive paper weight. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to explain exactly what steps you are taking.

For example, when you say you tried using pocket queries, what steps did you take to load the pq into the gps?

B.

When my wife tried to put the pocket query into the gps she had followed the instructions on the geocache website on how to do it. She even downloaded it to GSAK and send waypoints to GPS at no avail. Everything we had tried was by following instructions that were provided. Both of us are starting to get frustrated with this overpriced paper weight. The problem is we cannot return it to SAIL. They said all sales are final on electronics.

When my wife tried to put the pocket query into the gps she had followed the instructions on the geocache website on how to do it. She even downloaded it to GSAK and send waypoints to GPS at no avail. Everything we had tried was by following instructions that were provided. Both of us are starting to get frustrated with this overpriced paper weight. The problem is we cannot return it to SAIL. They said all sales are final on electronics.

It would help if you could show us which instructions you followed, otherwise we can only guess what you might be doing. There are also a number of other things that could be useful:

1. When you say they "won't load", how are you determining this? Do you get an error message when trying to load the caches? Are they not showing up in the list and/or map when you power up the device?
  2. If you look in the Garmin\GPX folder on the device, do you see the .GPX files?
  3. How far away from you are the caches you're trying to load? Some Garmins won't show caches beyond a certain distance from where you are.

It's not a paperweight just because the geocaches don't appear. Remember, GPS was built for navigation, and geocaching is a secondary use to practice GPS navigation skills.

1. Try switching over to the geocaching profile. Maybe the caches will appear.

2. Check your geocache filters. It may be set in such a way to display none of them.

Thanks to all for the help. Finally got it working. Had to go to the map and click on the area we are going to.

Ah, yes, the newer Garmins will not list caches that are greater than about 130 miles away. You have to pan the map to that area or use the Search:City function to get close enough before far away caches will show in the list.