How to send cache info from android to magellan explorer GC gps!

KD8ATF

Is it possible to send cache info from android to a magellan explorer GC? I have an otg cable it would be really nice to do when I might not have cell service!

You'll need a file manager. Do a search for "ES File Manager" in the Play Store, and you can try the free version. That App can unzip files, useful in case you want to load a Pocket Query. There are many factors that determine whether a phone with an OTG cable will work with a certain GPSr, so plug it in and see if you can browse the file directories.

With no cell service, find a wifi hotspot. Download a cache file or PQ (unzip it if it's a PQ), copy & paste into the proper folder(s). It's so much extra work, I've only tried it a couple of times, and decided to always plan in advance and load it from a PC :anicute:. Well, given that I'd need to find a hotspot and I've got a droid, I load a cache or two, or even entire PQs, directly into Locus (which I have set up to work offline), in a cache emergency. :anibad:

Edited by kunarion