"Where's in a name" 76° 45.53 minutes - Pennsylvannia - Maryland - Virginnia - New York

smillersmiller

Looking for someone to pair up with on the Where's In A Name? (GC3153)

My name converts to 76° 45.53 minutes. A couple of the larger cities 76° 45' passes through: the Western suburbs of Baltimore, and the Eastern part of Harrisburg, PA (in fact it passes through the middle of the Harrisburg airport). Of course there are lots and lots of other towns and cities near this longitude as well.

To work with me on this cache, you need to be able to take a photo of your GPS that clearly shows this coordinate and a shot or two of the nearby area. The East/West coordinate would be 76° 45.53# (where # is any digit). You pick the North South coordinate (someplace safe and hopefully interesting!). After obtaining the photos we both are able to log this as a find.

Also, for anyone looking for a photo taker, I can do 93° 48 to 93° 34 without much trouble (usernames with the first character W, X or Y, second character D, E or F). Just outside of that range, I can take photos sooner or later, but you might have to wait a while.

Scott

I've been looking at the maps, I should be able to help you out. Not sure about how scenic the spot may be, but I'll try. Depending on how things go tomorrow, I can be in one of several spots that would help you out.

I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should happen to get back before I return, please ask me to wait.

Cool deal, IV_Warrior.

I checked the maps as well. One option for you would be Sunbury, PA - it's about 2 miles West of the target longitude. According to www.mapquest.com, the travel time is about the same as driving to Harrisburg, PA. Of course, where you go is up to you, as long as it takes you East to 76° 45.53. icon_cool.gif Good luck and have fun.

-- Scott

Thanks to IV_Warrior for helping me to complete this cache.

I'm still available for anyone to take pictures in 93° 48 to 93° 34 (usernames with the first character W, X or Y, second character D, E or F). Just outside of that range, I can take photos sooner or later, but you might have to wait a while.

Scott