Geocachers in PA?

Guest proxien

Guest proxien

Hey, all you Pennsylvanians!

We've got a mighty big state... but not too many caches.

Who out there has done some caching in PA (especially south-central/eastern counties)? Any plans for new caches? What luck have you had in working with private/public landowners in getting permission to place a cache?

Any ideas on promoting geocaching in our state/region/local areas?

I just got started... but am pretty wild about the whole thing and my wife and I are talking about placing our first cache soon...

check out our personal geocache pages at tenmilesaway.com and drop us a line.

proxien & TenMilesAway

quote:
Originally posted by proxien:

We've got a mighty big state... but not too many caches.

note date of original post

If I read this web site correctly, there are 628 caches in PA as of today, not even including the locationless caches.

Way to go, cachers!

-----

froggy.gif You must be present to win.

Dunno, Gary - I have never seen the name 'proxien' before, but then again, I just started caching in Dec 2001.

Your post made me wonder: what are the oldest caches in PA? Those may have logs from this user ... and then maybe a link to their profile ...

According to the database, these 25 were the first caches to be placed in our Keystone State.

[This message was edited by MissJenn on July 10, 2002 at 12:38 PM.]

did some of the excitement wear off?

well yeah it did.

i was big into this thing for a while (i designed the Cache In, Trash Out logo) and even found some caches, got myself published in a local paper as one of the first geocachers in my neck of the woods and then my son started walking, bought a new house and had a daughter to boot.

In between all that i have started volunteering with the local fire company and jaycees. i am thinking that geocaching might be a neat team-building exercise for both groups and have started lurking on the boards to trey and get back into the swing of things.

anyone local ot lancaster county done any team caching?

quote:

well yeah it did.

and then my son started walking, bought a new house and had a daughter to boot.

I'm impressed with your son! He did all that in less than 2 years icon_biggrin.gif He's must be living life like CCCooper Agency geocaches. Full Throttle!

I've just recently conquered being able to walk and am still looking forward to buying a house and having a daughter! icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, welcome back and I hope you again become active and excited as the rest of us!

Regards,

Smoochnme

goldfish.gif

"When your learning to take, the path at your pace...

Every road is worth your while"

quote:

well yeah it did.

and then my son started walking, bought a new house and had a daughter to boot.

I'm impressed with your son! He did all that in less than 2 years icon_biggrin.gif He's must be living life like CCCooper Agency geocaches. Full Throttle!

I've just recently conquered being able to walk and am still looking forward to buying a house and having a daughter! icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, welcome back and I hope you again become active and excited as the rest of us!

Regards,

Smoochnme

goldfish.gif

"When your learning to take, the path at your pace...

Every road is worth your while"

What are team caches?

We're in Lancaster, PA and have been hunting caches in the area as a family and TrailRydr has been doing some as he travels the country with his job.

Eventually, we'll start hiding them, but he's in the entertainment industry and on the road most of the year.

Sierra

icon_smile.gif

What are team caches?

We're in Lancaster, PA and have been hunting caches in the area as a family and TrailRydr has been doing some as he travels the country with his job.

Eventually, we'll start hiding them, but he's in the entertainment industry and on the road most of the year.

Sierra

icon_smile.gif