New Event Notifications

TheRadioheads

Has anybody any suggestions as to why I'm no longer receiving notifications of new events when they're published, even though I have it set to do so in my account settings? Strangely, I get notifications after the event has happened and sometimes get what the organiser posts in the few days leading up to the event, but never in advance, i.e. when the event is first published. This problem has resulted in us missing quite a few events in the last few months that we would have otherwise attended :sad:.

Any help would be much appreciated.

What do you mean you get notifications after? Like you get a notification the event is published a week after it has happened? Sounds like an email problem. Are you checking your spam folder? Are you using your phone to receive emails? Could be an issue pushing the notifications to your phone.

But you also said you get notifications for announcements. That's a separate notification than published. Could be that somehow you (or someone else) deleted, or edited your notification setting. Did you check them?

why I'm no longer receiving notifications of new events when they're published...?

The distance limit on notifications is just a hair under 50 miles. Might this be the issue? To receive Publish logs for events at greater distance, set a new notification with a different center point.

https://www.geocaching.com/notify/edit.aspx

Strangely, I get notifications after the event has happened

What? you mean that you receive a Publish notification email weeks or months late? that's happening on your end.

[GEO] Notify:Reviewer Published This Event (Event Cache)

That Publish log is sent out as it happens. If you get it days or weeks or months later, that's somewhere in the ether. Possibly your ISP throttles email from Geocaching.com?

sometimes get what the organiser posts in the few days leading up to the event

I thing you're probably referring to receiving "Announcement" logs on the Event. Any person who logs a Will Attend receives all Announcement logs as email. This is NOT the same thing as a Notification.

Thanks for the replies. To clarify, my Instant Notification Service is set to notify me of events within a 30 mile radius (and I've just re-checked this to make sure it is still enabled, which it is), yet I'm not receiving notifications when the event is first published. However, I'm intermittently getting posts about the event which the CO's posts in the few days leading up to the event (eg, last minute details) and post after the event (eg CO thanking people for attending). I still get notification of other types of new cache, and up until about 8 months ago, I was getting new Event cache notifications. I've not changed anything that could explain this (i.e. still with same Internet Service Provider, still using same email address) so I'm at a loss as to what is, or rather isn't, happening. Only thing I can think is that there is some problem at Groundspeak's end.

Thanks for the replies. To clarify, my Instant Notification Service is set to notify me of events within a 30 mile radius (and I've just re-checked this to make sure it is still enabled, which it is), yet I'm not receiving notifications when the event is first published. However, I'm intermittently getting posts about the event which the CO's posts in the few days leading up to the event (eg, last minute details) and post after the event (eg CO thanking people for attending).

To me, it sounds like you have notifications set for "Announcement" logs, but not "Publish" logs. If you go into the notification settings, which log types are ticked? If "Published" is ticked, check to make sure you don't have another Event notification with different settings that could be confusing things.