Valley Forge, PA - Who will get it?

Parsa

Have e-mailed you about 2 weeks ago. Have spent hours in online research and 3 hrs driving the Park @ Valley Forge and approx. an hour with 2 rangers in the park with a book of photos of the various monuments in the park. Also my Travel time was a bit better than 2 hrs round trip. No one knows of the 'bell'. Have also been to the chapel and associated grounds and still come up empty. Am wondering where the reference to Valley Forge Park comes from. Hope after all of this the cache is not some kind of cruel ruse! moose

The reference to Valley Forge is in the book about California's El Camino Real bells. It mentions that there is a bell somewhere in "Valley Forge, PA." It says nothing about the Historic Park neccessarily. I don't know the area, so I don't know where it would be. There's also one in Majorca, Spain, but that's easier because it's supposed to be near the boyhood home of Father Serra who started California's mission system. Perhaps the bell is near a Catholic church? Maybe it's at a site associated with Washington, but I don't really know. I was hoping someone had just seen it and never thought about it before, but would remember where it was.

I'm sorry if you spent a lot of time searching in vain. I assure you the cache is legit. There have been dozens of finds along El Camino Real in California.

I am not complaining about the cache. I know full well that the reference was at best vague. I grew up in VF area 40+ yrs ago(yes that's 40 yrs) and have seen the area 'grow up'. The mall used to 2 two lane blacktops with ONE traffic light and fields surrounding them. The amount of research and travel time etc was informational to say the least. That is why I don't understand the the stigma involved in virtual caches. It is my belief that a properly 'placed' virtual or a locationless is just as valid a hit as a regular cache. Have been on my share of LAME traditional caches, and I know that Jersey dosen't have the market cornered lame caches, either!

The chapel is Espispicalpalian in denomination, maybe that is the wrong place. I just thought of the religious connection, not considering the flavor of belief. I will continue my research and we'll see where that winds up.

The cache is a great idea and I would like to see the site complete the new section. I have a locationless that is ready to go and I think it worthy of consideration by the caching community!!! M.I.L.