Reading, PA FDSC is now geocaching!

Polgara

As a member of the FDSC I have been asked by the activities director to introduce geocaching to the FDSC – Flying Dutchmen Ski Club. Although this is primarily a skiing club, they also participate in outdoor activities all year round such as hiking, rollerblading, golf and tennis.

Geocaching will be discussed after the course of the meeting. The geocaching discussion will be directed toward cachers that are new to the sport, or have not tried it yet and will cover the basics of geocaching. New cachers in the Reading and surrounding areas are encouraged to attend the meeting, which will be held on Thursday August 7th at the Liederkranz, which is located next to Stokesay Castle on Spook lane near Skyline Drive. I will provide coordinates, as the date gets closer.

There is no charge to attend the FDSC meeting nor will you be required to join the club. Last year, membership dues were $35 for an entire year to join the club, if you do wish to join. I do not know what the membership dues are for this year. If you think you may be interested in joining the club, there will be plenty of officers there that you will be able to talk with as well.

For more info about the club, visit their website at:

http://www.fdsc.org/

You don’t have to ski to join.

If you do ski, membership will give you these benefits:

·Free Ski Lessons -- taught by FDSC Instructors ($15.00 Registration Fee)

·FDSC Discount Lift Tickets at local ski areas

·Ski Shop Discounts

·Club Race Team for beginners through expert levels

·Low Rates for Pocono Ski Lodge (club-owned)

·Award Winning Monthly Newsletter

·Club Sponsored Ski Vacations to Europe, Western and Eastern United States and Canada

·Bi-Monthly Club Meetings with ski related and social programs

·Weekend Social Activities (inexpensive and FUN)

·Year-Round Ski Hotline - 610-370-2760 - that updates ski and social information

Car Rental Discounts

See you on the 7th!

"The more I study nature, the more I am amazed at the Creator."

- Louis Pasteur

Nice job, Ce'Nedra! It sounds like a fun bunch of folks, although I myself would NEVER join a ski club: that activity simply does not come naturally to me. Maybe it's genetic: they don't ski in Manila!*

Do they also water ski? The S.S. Minnow could use a visit! icon_wink.gif

* paraphrased from A Chorus Line

-- I've found 58% of the caches in the country! How are you doing?

Hey MissJenn!!!!

Great to hear from ya!!!

The group I hang out with in the club does waterski on the weekends! They do all kinds of fun stuff.

As far as skiing is concerned, i didn't ski last year, i had no money to, but, i do know of people that join the ski club and go on the ski trips just to party and participate in other winter sports that are offered in the area that the trip is sceduled for. Space is limited if you're not skiing, but I do know people that do this, I hope to ski this year, and i plan on going on some trips to do some snow caching along with skiing this year.

- Louis Pasteur

For all those interested, the coordinates of the parking area for the meeting are:

N40 20.368

W75 53.519

There is a workers picnic at 7pm, the general meeting is at 8pm and the geoaching discussion will occur somewhere around 8:30 - 9ish.

- Louis Pasteur

Bump.

Meeting is tomorrow! A few changes, geocaching will be discussed earlier in the meeting, as they have decided to have an actual geocache hunt for those who wish to try it. I'll be hiding a few caches on the property for the meeting. These caches are not official, they are for new cachers that want to try caching, and will be removed immediately after the evening is over. If you are interested in trying it out, i suggest bringing a flashlight as everything probably won't get going until 8pm, but night caching is lots of fun!

- Louis Pasteur