Hiding Travel Bug Hotel

SirSkips

I just noticed a distinctive lack of travel bug hotels near me. I live near a really busy Interstate interchange with a rest stop close by that I was thinking of adding a hotel to (2 actually, 1 northbound and 1 southbound). Each rest area has two caches already, and I'm afraid there might not be another 500ish ft. gap between. Is there ever an exception to this distance room for something like this? Both caches are currently micros, so no drop for TBs. I'd love to make a TB hotel to make it easy to trade bugs along the route.

Thanks

TB hotels aren't a special type of cache or anything, it's just a cache large enough to fit TB's in it and the owner calls it that. So, no exception for them, they are subject to all the usual rules.

Yeah, I knew they weren't marked as anything special, but I was just trying to give a space for this. Thanks for letting me know...I'll hunt for a new place.

Also, it's hard for larger caches to survive in busy places like interstate rest areas. That may be why the existing caches are micros.

I have seen a few larger rest stop caches, but they've generally been some distance away from the rest stop facilities, sometimes even a short hike into the surrounding orchards.

Also, it's hard for larger caches to survive in busy places like interstate rest areas. That may be why the existing caches are micros.

I have seen a few larger rest stop caches, but they've generally been some distance away from the rest stop facilities, sometimes even a short hike into the surrounding orchards.

+1

I'm not sure if the geocache moratorium on turnpike properties in our area has changed yet, but caches have created a few issues in the past on our interstates too.

Very busy area with not only cachers about stretching their legs...

A travel bug hotel doesn't have to be right on the interstate or in a rest area. As long as it not to far off the main road and has an easy off easy on it will work fine. If it's a toll road then it may be more of a hassle. I have one that's about a mile off a major highway and it seems to plenty of activity.