Gripes About Reviewing Hides

So, I bring up a subject and say my piece and then get told the problem is me.

It is getting harder and harder to place caches. The amount of hoops one now must jump through is making it very difficult for anyone to do anything out of the ordinary. It is almost like we can play, but only in the little sandbox, for which we're given.

Honestly, who the heck is going to sue the reviewers or GC in general? There are caches on the side of cliffs! If someone falls while trying to get it, whose fault is that?

It is exactly what I said up front, it sure seems like the reviewers are more and more like over-eager Home Owner Association board members. They want everything to be, look, and act the same. Some of the answers above seem to back this up.

The latest I got on a cache I just tried to publish is I now must go get the county's permission to place a cache on a county right of way. Like the county gives a hoot what is there. All this craziness is for, is to make it so difficult to do something out of the ordinary, that one simply says screw it and drops it all together. How is that good for the community?? What about the old phone booth caches? Would those now need the permission of the phone company to place them? Yes it is equivalent to this. I don't get it, obviously.

How hard is it to phone the county and ask?

Who at the county are you going to ask for permission to hide a geocache on a right-of-way? Who has the authority to give that permission?

And that's why I won't hides on Rights of Way.

Our reviewers are getting more dilegent about hides.

Why? A number of reasons:

One: bomb scares.

Two: freaked out people that live close to a hide (thank you Dept. of homeland security for pushing see something/anything, say something LOUD.) :mad:

Three: Sue the reviewer? It aint been done yet, but maybe soon. Remember a few years back in these forums. A story from Texas about a law suit.

A Geocache seeker fell out of tree and got hurt. sued the CO and won. Ruling: the CO created a dangerous situation thus challenging people to look for it. Attractive nuisance.

The CO had to pay Hospital bill for the seeker. At some point a lawyer will go after all involved. so with the changing landscape of the laws regarding Geocache hiding of course the reviewers will be more picky about our hides. We should not take offense hopefully they are up on the rules better than we are.