Questions about Travel Bugs

derk@21

I have just got hold of a Travel Bug Dog Tack and activated it. Very soon after activating it I have started to get a lot logs (from all over the world), thanking me for sharing this in the TB Gallery. I thought that the TB would only be available to cachers who found it in a cache. Is their any problem with it being available to all and sundry, should I have done any thing different - should I rectify this and if so how.

I was going to get some more Travel Bugs and was looking on various UK sites. I found a site that have some Track-A-Tags. Does anyone what the difference is between these and the Travel Bugs?

I noticed that on some of the logs that people have put 'Dipped SL TFTC', which I have eventually worked out Signed Log and Thanks For The Cache. I have checked on the web and it appears that Caches have a 'personal' TB and log it against each cache that they have found, so that they can keep a track of their movements. Not sure of its merits are, could anyone enlighten me

Many Thanks

I have just got hold of a Travel Bug Dog Tack and activated it. Very soon after activating it I have started to get a lot logs (from all over the world), thanking me for sharing this in the TB Gallery. I thought that the TB would only be available to cachers who found it in a cache. Is their any problem with it being available to all and sundry, should I have done any thing different - should I rectify this and if so how.

If there's a picture with the Tracking Number in view, remove that picture.

I was going to get some more Travel Bugs and was looking on various UK sites. I found a site that have some Track-A-Tags. Does anyone what the difference is between these and the Travel Bugs?

"The Travel Bug" is copyrighted and an official Groundspeak product, and they all have the same "barcode bug" icon when logged. Any other coin or tag is properly called a "Geocoin", although a "tag" may be called a "trackable tag" so as not to confuse it with "The Travel Bug" barcode bug dogtag.

I noticed that on some of the logs that people have put 'Dipped SL TFTC', which I have eventually worked out Signed Log and Thanks For The Cache. I have checked on the web and it appears that Caches have a 'personal' TB and log it against each cache that they have found, so that they can keep a track of their movements. Not sure of its merits are, could anyone enlighten me

Trackables' travels are charted on a map, and the mileage is cumulative. You may use your own TBs as you wish, including "Visit" logs to select caches. My car is "attached" to a Geocoin, and photos & logs of its travels are on its Trackable page.