how I log my own caches ?? On the app??

Hi I'm new to this ? just wondering how I log my own caches ?? On the app??

Do you mean, how do I post my own cache hides? If so, go to this page: https://www.geocaching.com/play/hide

Be sure to click on:

Geocache Listing Requirements and Guidelines

Read the information over a couple of times. Impress people with your first cache, hide a good quality container in a nice location and be prepared to maintain both your cache and your cache listing as needed.

Do you mean, how do I post my own cache hides? If so, go to this page: https://www.geocaching.com/play/hide

Be sure to click on:

Geocache Listing Requirements and Guidelines

Read the information over a couple of times. Impress people with your first cache, hide a good quality container in a nice location and be prepared to maintain both your cache and your cache listing as needed.

I forgot to say...you can't post a cache hide via the app. It needs to be done on the website. Be sure to use a good GPS app to get the best coordinates you can get. Do some averaging and preferably take readings on different days.

New folks often don't know the lingo. To a lot of us, that seems to be asking how do you log caches that you own. But you don't own any caches, so you must be asking about something else.

Are you asking how to log caches you have found, using the app?

Which app? Which phone platform?

If you are using one of Groundspeak's apps, there is a Help Center section that will be of help:

Help Center - Apps

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=12

Another interpretation of your question is that you are you asking how to create new caches. Lone.R's replies will be helpful, if that is the case.

B.

Ok... I'll be the spoil-sport...

It really would help to find some (a couple, anyway) first.

I would like to welcome you to the game addiction. But hiding a cache is much different that what a beginner may believe or think. It really helps to find a few first and to read the guidelines -- a few times -- first.

It can be fun. It can be frustrating. We all must be on the same "page" however, at least to some degree.

Read up: https://www.geocaching.com/guide/

EDIT to add: you cannot hide a cache using the app. It must be on the website itself.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

First - welcome! Second, by looking at your profile I see you are new - no finds and no hides. So, I will assume you mean logging caches you have found. As mentioned by others, that depends upon the app. I use the iPhone app, It works like this for me. I do a search for caches (home page: "Find Nearby Geocaches"). A list appears (closer in proximity is at the top). I select the cache I want to find and click it. I read the description. Then I click the "Navigate to Geocache" function to help me get there. Once there and I have found it (hopefully), I go back to the cache listing screen and under the "Navigate to Geocache" button is a "Found It" button. You can just click that (to the right is a pull down menu that allows you to choose other types of logs such as "Did Not Find It", "Needs Maintenance", etc.). Click the "Found It!" and you will be brought to a new screen. At the top is a "Write Message" option. I highly recommend this as CO's love to hear from cachers who found their cache (I know I do anyway). There are other options such as attaching a photo (all optional). Then click "Send Now" and off it goes. Barring some network connectivity issue, you just logged your cache. Good luck and have fun! (Oh...and responding to the question as written, but not as I believe was intended, once you find a few caches - say 25 or 50, you get a good idea about hides, then you can consider hiding your own. But, it is kind of considered bad form to log a Found It! on a cache you own...because you didn't really find it, you hid it.)

Edited by caccbag