Mileage post error by GC?

PigsThatFly

I am TB owner of http://coord.info/TB5V6Y0 - As of this post, the TB had a visit on 1April. The mileage displayed is thousands of miles from the previous visit log on 30March. Problem is that there is no way there is that kind of mileage differential between those two waypoints. (Baltimore, MD to southern MD) I have already tried the mileage recalculation function. No changes observed. Any ideas on what is cause, remedy, etc? Is this something related to the recent GC site new look?

On a side note... I use GSAK to monitor my "fleet" of TBs. Since the GC site change I have noticed that dates of tb logs uploaded via GSAK differ from the GC site TB page logs. Understand GC & GSAK are two different entities. Just adding this as another related symptom observation.

Unless there is a problem with mileage calculation at GC there is one way this could happen

Funtime dipped it in the wrong cache. Whatever cache is that far away. This would add the mileage. Realising they had never been to that one they delete the visit. Mileage but no log. I would say that the mileage corrector would have sorted that but it has t always worked for me when I've done just that.

Usually when we've had use the iPhone. Which brings me to possible cause two

The app. The app sometimes overlogs finds. Something to do with the send log function. If the signal is dubious it keeps attempting to run its full cycle. However geocaching have receieved the log fine. You see your log uploaded and your happy. Visted TB's so that's happy. Walk away. However the cache page has (maximum we have seen is 11 in one go but 3 repeats is common) repeated logs by Funtime. . The cache page owner tuts and deletes the extra logs removing proof this happened but does not touch the TB obviously. So maybe it's accumulated mileage of the same journey repeatedly logged. Maybe. Or ...

GC have screwed up.