Waymarking GPX - Date is download date, not posted date

GeoJono

The <time> tag in the Waymarking GPX file is the date and time of the GPX file download, not the posted date of the waymark. It would be helpful if the date in the Waymarking GPX file was the date the waymark was posted rather than when the GPX file was downloaded. I downloaded 100 waymarks today (25 at a time, of course) and loaded them into GSAK only to see that the posted date was today's date for all of them.

Is there a reason for that, or is that an oversight that can be easily corrected?

Thanks,

Jono

Actually the GPXlite file does not have any date for each waymark. The only date in the file is the datetimestamp for the file. The date is supplied by GSAK during the upload. As little/no coding has been done for Waymarking in a few years I would not expect this to change anytime soon.

Edited by BruceS

As little/no coding has been done for Waymarking in a few years I would not expect this to change anytime soon.

I'm sure there's no definitive answer to this, but that sounds like Groundspeak has no future plans for Waymarking. Is Groundspeak dropping Waymarking? Allowing it to die a slow death? Or are there plans for Waymarking going forward?