NW Pa Geocachers

jnc1991

Is anyone in the area of NW Pa interested in starting a cacher group? Found out there is a group for Northcentral Pa called Keystone Cachers. I am willing to start organizing such a group if I can muster some interest. Please respond here on the thread or if you would rather you can email me at jnc1991@hotmail.com.

Happy Caching,

JNC

Okay, so I live in the Cleveland area, but...

as I mentioned when this topic came up (and fizzled away and died) earlier this year, I have family that lives around Sharon, PA, and have found one cache already in NWPA and plan to find more (Day Trip to Presque Isle, trip to Moraine), so I would be interested in news of what's happening in NWPA.

I did also join Olf D'Coors Keystone group, because my family also has a cabin over in Potter County PA, and there are some nice caches up there, too. Only found the Billy Brown so far, but will definitely do more next time...

But, mainly right now I'm working (with CJB4589) to organize the NorthEast Ohio Cachers group (NEOGeocachers), and getting approval from Cuyahoga Valley National Park for a series of virtual caches I have planned...

Cache well...

icon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

"You will kneel before her in her altar in the trees" - Tara MacLean, Let Her Feel The Rain

Okay, so I live in the Cleveland area, but...

as I mentioned when this topic came up (and fizzled away and died) earlier this year, I have family that lives around Sharon, PA, and have found one cache already in NWPA and plan to find more (Day Trip to Presque Isle, trip to Moraine), so I would be interested in news of what's happening in NWPA.

I did also join Olf D'Coors Keystone group, because my family also has a cabin over in Potter County PA, and there are some nice caches up there, too. Only found the Billy Brown so far, but will definitely do more next time...

But, mainly right now I'm working (with CJB4589) to organize the NorthEast Ohio Cachers group (NEOGeocachers), and getting approval from Cuyahoga Valley National Park for a series of virtual caches I have planned...

Cache well...

"You will kneel before her in her altar in the trees" - Tara MacLean, Let Her Feel The Rain

quote:
Originally posted by SherwoodForest:

and have found one cache already in NWPA and plan to find more (Day Trip to Presque Isle, trip to Moraine), so I would be interested in news of what's happening in NWPA.

Cache well...

*cough* fellowship *cough* *ahem* *cough*

icon_smile.gif ANyway

Any thought to combining the NE Ohio group and NW PA groups?

"...Not all those who wander are lost..."

quote:
Originally posted by SherwoodForest:

and have found one cache already in NWPA and plan to find more (Day Trip to Presque Isle, trip to Moraine), so I would be interested in news of what's happening in NWPA.

Cache well...

*cough* fellowship *cough* *ahem* *cough*

icon_smile.gif ANyway

Any thought to combining the NE Ohio group and NW PA groups?

"...Not all those who wander are lost..."

Sounds like a fine idea to me. So far as I know, we are the only ones to show interest in a NW Pa group... I am sure there are more out there that have not read the forum that would be interested. If we decided to do this, I could make attempts to contact others. The more the merrier!

JNC

Yes, I know about the Fellowship of the Ring cache up in Presque Isle, and I would love to do it, but I did say day-trip, not week-long trudging through the woods trying to remember when Gandalf said that... *grin*

No really, when I get out there, I am sure I will try and hit some parts of it, but doubt i'd be able to hit the other four(?) and finish the FotR. I guess it's incentive to go back a second time...

Anyone from anywhere is more than welcome to join our happy little NEOGeocachers group, but most of us are more on the West side of Cleveland or Akron-Canton area, but we're trying to reach out to the East side/Ashtabula/Geauga people so why not NWPA, too. but like I said, I'm partial to the Ohio/PA border area too.

Or, some websavvy person could make another yahoo group for NWPA, and we could interlink with each other or somesuch...

Dammit Jim, I'm a chemist, not a webhead...

But, the NEOGeocacher site (or GONERs, or well, we don't know what we're calling ourselves just yet) is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEOGeocachers