Problem updating nesting zones (Urwigo/WhereYouGo)

slopespotter

Hello,

I am using Urwigo to build a WIG and I am running into basic problems with nested zones.

For the final cartridge I am working with five large megazones that incorporate five or six subzones, so I can work around the Garmin's zone limit. Each time the player exits one zone and enters another, the subzones inside the megazones are deactived/actived. The megazones stay active all the time, so they can trigger any onEnter and onLeave events, that will take care of the subzone activation/deaction.

So far for the theory.

A simple test for this configuration didn't work out. When walking in or out of the megazones, the inner zones didn't get updated. I am testing on Android WhereYouGo which I figure should cover maybe 35% of all potential users. When I leave the the zone in WhereYouGo's map view and re-enter it, the zones don't update/show incorrect. Urwigo's preview works perfectly, as expected, here. So I believe there is problem with updating the maps on-the-fly.

Has anybody experienced the same problem? If yes, what is the workaround? Seems to me, there must be an update-map-function or likewise.

Thanks

slopespotter

Replying to my own thread because the situation cleared up a bit. Two findings:

1) WhereYouGo @ Android sometimes doesn't update zones in the map view. Exiting and reentering the map view seems to fix this sometimes. Saw this behavior with other WIGs but couldn't figure out a pattern yet. Might be related to no. 2 though.

2) Positioning the zones further apart seems to give the device more time to ease between exiting one zone and entering a different one. I suspect this is related to jittery GPS fixes.