Reflections on 2014

iconions

2014 has been a Really Great Year for me as far as Waymarking. I was able to set a new record of posts - 877 if everything I have in the queue gets approved. I'm starting to understand a little more of html coding thanks to Lat34North. I was also able to post waymarks in a dozen states. Most of all, though, I have been able to have continued fellowship with some of the finest people around, which is the best part of this hobby! Here's to a great 2015!

It has been a pleasure Waymarking along side of you, in spirit and locale, though not (yet) in person. We seem to cross territory some times, and I remember visiting a bunch of your Waymarks in Carthage when I first started in 2012. Perhaps someday we can meet in person.

I'm obviously not as prolific, not being able to WM as much as I'd like to. In fact, my 2 year total (currently 841) is less than just your 2014 set. But I enjoy it when I can.

We seem to have some prolific Waymarkers in Missouri or just over the borders into Kansas and Arkansas (maybe Illinois too, but I haven't done anything over thata way). Maybe it's because there's so many interesting things to see. :):):)

I'm not a good organizer of activities or get togethers, but perhaps someday we can get a bunch of us Prolific Midwest Waymarkers (PMWs) together for an event. Doesn't have to be fancy -- just a way to say "Howdy" and compare notes.

I wouldn't mind getting together at some campground -- perhaps a state park or something -- and camp for a couple of days. Though I realize that some folks are not campers, so there'd need to be a place for them to stay nearby, then drop in for a big bonfire or something. Just an idea.

(I missed BruceS when he came out to Roaring River State Park. Guess I should have messaged him my phone number or something, 'cause we emailed about it before hand, then I didn't get in contact with him during his stay. Didn't know what campground to go to -- there are four there -- to find him. Might have been able to recognize him from his photo. Just missed an opportunity.)

Edited by MountainWoods

It has been a pleasure Waymarking along side of you, in spirit and locale, though not (yet) in person. We seem to cross territory some times, and I remember visiting a bunch of your Waymarks in Carthage when I first started in 2012. Perhaps someday we can meet in person.

I'm obviously not as prolific, not being able to WM as much as I'd like to. In fact, my 2 year total (currently 841) is less than just your 2014 set. But I enjoy it when I can.

We seem to have some prolific Waymarkers in Missouri or just over the borders into Kansas and Arkansas (maybe Illinois too, but I haven't done anything over thata way). Maybe it's because there's so many interesting things to see. :):):)

I'm not a good organizer of activities or get togethers, but perhaps someday we can get a bunch of us Prolific Midwest Waymarkers (PMWs) together for an event. Doesn't have to be fancy -- just a way to say "Howdy" and compare notes.

I wouldn't mind getting together at some campground -- perhaps a state park or something -- and camp for a couple of days. Though I realize that some folks are not campers, so there'd need to be a place for them to stay nearby, then drop in for a big bonfire or something. Just an idea.

(I missed BruceS when he came out to Roaring River State Park. Guess I should have messaged him my phone number or something, 'cause we emailed about it before hand, then I didn't get in contact with him during his stay. Didn't know what campground to go to -- there are four there -- to find him. Might have been able to recognize him from his photo. Just missed an opportunity.)

I guess you didn't see the picture of me "camping" in the bed of my truck last summer on a Waymarking/geocaching trip through southern Missouri. I'm going to be in the Mountain Home, Ark. area in mid April, maybe we can meet up...

Sorry about not getting with you during that trip. It was during that trip it became obvious to me that my body was not working the way it was supposed to. A few weeks later I got my diagnosis. After radiation therapy and chemotherapy, three surgeries and another round of chemotherapy my body is now on the upswing.

Sorry about not getting with you during that trip. It was during that trip it became obvious to me that my body was not working the way it was supposed to. A few weeks later I got my diagnosis. After radiation therapy and chemotherapy, three surgeries and another round of chemotherapy my body is now on the upswing.

... and that's the best news of 2014 / 2015. We're glad you're on the upswing!!

Ah. I had heard just after that that you were having health issues, and I wondered if that might be what short-circuited a chance to get together. Hope you continue to recover.

Hi, Tom!

Well, in terms of number of waymarks posted, 2014 was not my best year. That was mainly due to starting a new job that sucked away a lot of time and emotional energy. So much for retirement, huh? Same job, but I think I have a better handle on it and will be able to devote some more time to working down that backlog. Still adding to that queue and keeping up with reviewing waymarks.

I know have two nephews in the KC area. I thought I was going to be there for a wedding, but they decided to have it at the bride's hometown in Illinois, so I traveled there to perform the ceremony. Snagged some interesting waymarks, of course! But, one of these days I'll be in your neck of the woods again and we,ll touch base. Had dinner with Bruce and his lovely wife a couple of years ago.

Thanks for all of the high quality waymarks! It is always a pleasure to see them and add them to the Waymarking library.

Keep 'em comin'!

Hi, Tom!

Well, in terms of number of waymarks posted, 2014 was not my best year. That was mainly due to starting a new job that sucked away a lot of time and emotional energy. So much for retirement, huh? Same job, but I think I have a better handle on it and will be able to devote some more time to working down that backlog. Still adding to that queue and keeping up with reviewing waymarks.

I know have two nephews in the KC area. I thought I was going to be there for a wedding, but they decided to have it at the bride's hometown in Illinois, so I traveled there to perform the ceremony. Snagged some interesting waymarks, of course! But, one of these days I'll be in your neck of the woods again and we,ll touch base. Had dinner with Bruce and his lovely wife a couple of years ago.

Thanks for all of the high quality waymarks! It is always a pleasure to see them and add them to the Waymarking library.

Keep 'em comin'!

Thanks for the update! Definitely lemme know when you are in this part of the world, we'll go get some BBQ (some decent stuff!) I'm still digging through my vacation photos from October - Vicksburg, Ms.; Gulf Shores, Al.; Chattanooga, Tn; and Nashville, Tn. It's been a slow slog through these Vicksburg waymarks, cause SOMEONE has to keep reading about each and every unit he comes across! :rolleyes::unsure: Not sure what is going to happen for vacation in 2015 - I do want to get into LarryS's neighborhood to keep working these two huge Scavanger Hunts I've been working for several years. It'll be kinda nice to finish up 2 100 waymark 250 km scavanger hunts that take up the ENTIRE state of Missouri.