Refresh or Update the main character / player

HackAMen

Hi,

I have used Ranger Fox's superb zone vector examples to write a routine which will center a zone on the main player.

I seem to having an issue though where the emulator will not update the players location until they move a little.

Does anyone know if this will in fact be an issue in real players and if so is there a way to get the main character to refresh?

I have seen LastLocationUpdate in Player but nothing to force an update.

Thanks

This will not be an issue in the field because the player apps update once a second*. If you really want, I think I can also force the emulator to update once a second. I'm not sure if I can detect if the zone list changes, though. I can do anything as long as it only involves the map. Everything concerning the Pocket PC emulator to the right is off limits.

* Technical answer: I believe the apps subscribe to location updates through a LocationIntent event and tell the phone whether they want a course or fine position resolution (always fine). The app updates every time the phone sends an update to the method subscribed to the event. Thus we can all blame your phone and its OS if things go wrong. (I hope you realize that last sentence was a joke.)