first geocache

bydand0409

A human, volunteer reviewer must review and approve the cache. Make sure that you are receiving emails from Groundspeak, because they may have questions or issues that will be put into a Reviewer Note on the cache itself, and that should cause an automated email message to you, so you can look at the note and see what needs to be done.

In any case, you can go to the cache page and look at the logs. The reviewers communicate to you through note entries in the cache log. If/when the cache is eventually published, the erstwhile review logs will be expunged.

What do you see on the cache page? Remember that you may have to wait a day or two before they can get around to it. There may be a lot of new caches in their queue.

Edit: BTW, you'll notice that I describe myself as an Amateur Sylviculturist.

Edited by MountainWoods

It worries always when people come into these forums and ask this question. When you click "submit for review", you were sent an email. In that email was info that review is attempted within 7 days. You submitted your cache Oct 23, today is Oct 24.

My concern is that you aren't getting emails from Geocaching.com, or are not reading them.

Please make sure that the email account on file with Geocaching.com is one you check, and that you receive email from the site. Emails will come from "noreply@geocaching.com". Some spam filters will junk this.

https://www.geocaching.com/myaccount/settings/emailpreferences

Cache is enabled, and on queue. So when a reviewer has time, soon one hopes, it'll get read, and hopefully, published.

Edited by palmetto