Bad luck or is it normal?

kakico

Hi.

I dropped my first TB in Prague July 12th 2014.

Cach: GC47BHR Panna Maria z Exilu - Our Lady of Exile

TB: BackToNorway

It's mission is to get back to Hamar, Norway. I activated my TB, dropped it in a cach and that was it. Zero miles travelled ;-). Very bad luck or normal?

According to the log of GC47BHR, TB's and coins are logged in and out all the time, but my TB is still logged in this cach. I am afraid one of the first people visiting the cach after me just took it without logging it.

The strange thing is that no one is logging the TB as missing even though I have asked people to log "missing" if they don't see it. I live in Norway so I am not able to check if it's still there.

It seems like all I can do is to wait 5 - 6 month and then mark it as missing. Any other suggestions?

The cach owner has confirmed that the TB is not in the cach.

I found the following information in Groundspeak Help Center - http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=152 :

<<If you are the owner of the Trackable, or the owner of the geocache where the Trackable is listed, you can mark the item as missing. This will remove it from the geocache inventory, and place the Trackable in an "unknown location." This will not effect the mileage of the Trackable. Later, if the Trackable is found, it can be grabbed and placed into the correct location. Mileage will be calculated from its previous location.>>

Based on this fact I can't see any reason to wait several months to mark it as missing. 1 month should be enough. The person who has the TB, or the person who eventually find it later, can log it any time they want.

You never know what happens. I had a log show up that our trackable that had been dropped in a Michigan cache a few days earlier was not there. This was 4 months ago.

A month later the cache owner marked it missing since he confirmed it wasn't in his cache -- I didn't ask him to check it. That was 3 months ago.

Today a log showed up that another cacher had grabbed it and would move it on. It was grabbed from that same cache in which two people logged that the trackable was not there. <_<

Don't get in a hurry to give up. :)