Columbus Caches

Guest PharoaH

Guest PharoaH

I'll be up in central Ohio again in a few days. Would any of you Ohio cachers care to share recommendations for caches around Columbus, Ohio? I have been to "Pirates of the Old Canal" and "UFO Coverup" already. I am looking for a couple of different categories:

Good hikes (1-2mi round trip)

History (show me some history of my home state)

Quickies (in case we don't have much time)

Also, I know a place to establish a new cache in the area. Would anyone be interested in being a caretaker for such a cache? I won't leave an orphan, but if someone is interested I'll share the by-line.

Guest PharoaH

t face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Markwell:

You need to come farther west PharoaH! icon_wink.gif

Funny you should mention that - the other half of my family (the in-laws) are in Greene County, IL. The nearest cache is 30 miles from there, towards St. Louis. I will make it up that way sometime too. When I do, I'll ask for recommendation for there too icon_smile.gif

Guest PharoaH

t face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Markwell:

You need to come farther west PharoaH! icon_wink.gif

Funny you should mention that - the other half of my family (the in-laws) are in Greene County, IL. The nearest cache is 30 miles from there, towards St. Louis. I will make it up that way sometime too. When I do, I'll ask for recommendation for there too icon_smile.gif

Guest bwware

We just did a trip to Columbus to do some caches. We tried to pick easy ones so we could do the most in the little time we had there. We did:

Whitetail fawn: Nice little walk. Never did find the "house"

Urban Cache: Nice walk along riverbank. Can be a bit tricky!

C I T Y - U CAN C Y: VERY VERY easy, but different!

Dead Sat Cache: WAY EASY cache. Not sure what the 2 rating is for.

Thats all the ones we did. We tried to do these but couldnt find the cache (they are there, we just couldnt find them)

Something's Fishy: Couldnt figure out where to park for this one.

On the Way to Appomattox: We were close to finding this one, but my crew got tired.

I hope I helped a little bit! You need to visit Cincinnati sometime! We have a BUNCH of them down here!

Thanks for the I70 info!

Ever Onward,

------------------

Bill Ware

The Cinci Cachers

http://www.thecincicachers.com

Guest PharoaH

quote:
Originally posted by bwware:

You need to visit Cincinnati sometime! We have a BUNCH of them down here!

I have been through Cincinnati many many many times, but almost always at night. It's about 8 hours from here to Cinci, so I'll be coming through there around about 1:00AM this time too. I'll be driving back through during the daylight hours, so there's a chance. It would sure have to be an easy one since we'd be in the middle of a road trip.