Garmin 62st shutting down- help

lancs-sue

I have had my Garmin now for 2 years. I loaded caches from GSAK onto gps but after switching on, it is struggling to "save waypoints" and shuts down before completing the task. The batteries are fully charged so what on earth is going on. I am asking this before setting out for the day please help!!!

I'm not sure if this is your problem but it is worth a try.

People have reported and issue where some cache pages can corrupt a gpx file which can cause your gps to act wonky.

Connect your gps to your computer, navigate to the garmin directory and delete the gpx file that you loaded (it may be on the device OR on the sd card. Disconnect, reboot your device and see how it behaves. If all is well, load a different gpx file to see what happens.

I hope this helps. I have a Garmin 62 also but haven/t seen this issue yet. Hope I never do.

I'm not sure if this is your problem but it is worth a try.

People have reported and issue where some cache pages can corrupt a gpx file which can cause your gps to act wonky.

Connect your gps to your computer, navigate to the garmin directory and delete the gpx file that you loaded (it may be on the device OR on the sd card. Disconnect, reboot your device and see how it behaves. If all is well, load a different gpx file to see what happens.

I hope this helps. I have a Garmin 62 also but haven/t seen this issue yet. Hope I never do.