What do I do now?!

cynfuldogs

Hey all, my username is Cynfuldogs, and my geocache is GC55TZJ. I had to move it because I accidently placed it on someone's property and logged a coordinate change. A few hours later, I had to move it again, because of the mistake. Since then, I had a cache hunter find it right as I was moving it. He placed a Geo-coin in there. I updated the coordinates to N33 degrees 21.122 W112 degrees 55.931. It said I had to get approval from my reviewer, but I've tried several times to make contact, and cannot get it changed. I have gone as far as archiving it to try and get it reinstated. Still nothing. Can someone help me get it reinstated and put these coordinates in? The geocache is named Tails a-waggin'.

Easiest thing... now that it is archived, retrieve the cache, log the trackable out of it and place it elsewhere.

Although un-archiving a cache can be done, it is not done very often... when so, it is normally because of unusual circumstances.

I just don't see that "guessing" on a hide location would qualify.

For future reference, having a reviewer change the location (reviewer MUST make the change if moved more than 528') is not an instantaneous happening. It needs to be reviewed all over again (pretty much).

*This does present another very unique opportunity. est79 would be FTF as well as LTF. Dunno if that has ever happened before!*

Hey all, my username is Cynfuldogs, and my geocache is GC55TZJ. I had to move it because I accidently placed it on someone's property and logged a coordinate change. A few hours later, I had to move it again, because of the mistake. Since then, I had a cache hunter find it right as I was moving it. He placed a Geo-coin in there. I updated the coordinates to N33 degrees 21.122 W112 degrees 55.931. It said I had to get approval from my reviewer, but I've tried several times to make contact, and cannot get it changed. I have gone as far as archiving it to try and get it reinstated. Still nothing. Can someone help me get it reinstated and put these coordinates in? The geocache is named Tails a-waggin'.

You needed to be patient. The Reviewer can't act immediately.

I would suggest retrieving the coin, and dropping it into another cache.

I'm not sure how your Reviewer will deal with the situation as it stands. Archiving a cache is meant to be permanent.

However, if you contact the Reviewer and explain things, he/she might un-archive it for you.

You need to do some reading before jumping the gun. Everything you've done is explained in the Guidelines and the Help Center. If you take some time to research cache placement, things might go a little smoother in the future.

The Guidelines (all that text in blue are links you need to click):

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

Help Center:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=19

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Geocache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship

3.13. Editing a Published Listing: Major Change

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=76

If you need to change the coordinates beyond 0.1 miles (528 feet or 161 m), or change the type of geocache, please contact your local reviewer. The reviewer will check the changes for adherence to the current guidelines and notify you when the changes have been made, or suggest that a new geocache listing should be submitted. Please be sure to follow any instructions the reviewer may send you.

There is a link to the profile page of the reviewer that reviewed your geocache listing in the bottom of your geocache page (you must be logged in). If you email a reviewer and do not receive a reply within one week, the reviewer account may be inactive and you will need to contact us at Groundspeak.

contact@geocaching.com

When you contact the reviewer or Groundspeak please provide the geocache name and GC Code for the listing.

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Geocache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship

3.17. Unarchiving a Geocache

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=70

The archiving of a geocache by the owner is supposed to be a permanent status. That is why only the site administrators and volunteers have the capability to unarchive it. This is done only in rare circumstances.

However, if you accidentally archived it, please contact the reviewer who originally published your geocache with the geocache name, GC Code and the explanation for unarchiving it. You'll find a link to the reviewer's profile at the bottom of your geocache page. You may also visit www.geocaching.com/help in cases where you are unable to reach the correct reviewer.

For any geocache to be unarchived, it must first meet the current Geocache Listing Guidelines.

B.

Good job.... I see the reviewer updated your location and reactivated your cache. Apparently there were no issues involved.

Take note that it is still disabled. You need to enable it.

I understand how one feels a need to hurry to get caches placed and working, but in reality, "low 'n slow" is the best way to get it done smoothly.

I think you probably learned that with this hide.

Good luck in your future endeavors, too. :)

Easiest thing... now that it is archived, retrieve the cache, log the trackable out of it and place it elsewhere.

Although un-archiving a cache can be done, it is not done very often... when so, it is normally because of unusual circumstances.

I just don't see that "guessing" on a hide location would qualify.

For future reference, having a reviewer change the location (reviewer MUST make the change if moved more than 528') is not an instantaneous happening. It needs to be reviewed all over again (pretty much).

*This does present another very unique opportunity. est79 would be FTF as well as LTF. Dunno if that has ever happened before!*

I've seen a few geocaches in my area get archived before anyone found it. But all of them were cases of the person never found a geocache and hid it just for fun, but the geocache isn't actually there. They just typed in random coordinates and were lucky that it wasn't in a 0.1 mi radius of a cache.