eXplorist 310 help

I finally broke down and got a GPSr device since I was able to get it for a great price and it's in excellent condition. The interface takes some getting used to, and naturally I wanted to figure out how to use it for geocaching. I got the PQ set up and put the GPX into the device and the caches pull up fine when I go to the listings.

Normally, when I use the mobile app on my phone, there is the option to go to compass mode for searching for the cache once I reach the area close to GZ. I can't figure out how to pull up the compass that will show me direction and distance to the coordinates. Is there a shortcut from the cache description that I'm missing or do I have to back out somehow and get to it from the main screen? The documentation on this devices is lacking.

Also, how does one select a cache from the map view instead of the list view?

I finally broke down and got a GPSr device since I was able to get it for a great price and it's in excellent condition. The interface takes some getting used to, and naturally I wanted to figure out how to use it for geocaching. I got the PQ set up and put the GPX into the device and the caches pull up fine when I go to the listings.

Normally, when I use the mobile app on my phone, there is the option to go to compass mode for searching for the cache once I reach the area close to GZ. I can't figure out how to pull up the compass that will show me direction and distance to the coordinates. Is there a shortcut from the cache description that I'm missing or do I have to back out somehow and get to it from the main screen? The documentation on this devices is lacking.

Do you have the full manual?

http://support.magellangps.com/support/assets/manuals/OM_eXplorist_310.pdf

Pages 18 and 19 seem like they would be helpful, if I'm understanding what you're asking.

Viewing the Geocache on the Map

1. Access the Geocache list.

2. Select the name of the geocache to be viewed.

3. The Geocache Description page is displayed.

4. Press MENU.

5. Select View on map. The geocache is displayed with a projected route from your current position to the geocache.

Go to a Geocache While Viewing on the Map

2. Select the name of the geocache to be routed to.

3. Press MENU.

4. Select Go. The geocache is displayed with a projected route from your current position to the geocache

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Pages 18 and 19 seem like they would be helpful, if I'm understanding what you're asking.

4. Press MENU.

5. Select View on map. The geocache is displayed with a projected route from your current position to the geocache.

3. Press MENU.

4. Select Go. The geocache is displayed with a projected route from your current position to the geocache

B.

I was looking for the compass mode...not the map.

I did figure it out, though it's a bit convoluted. I have to go to the cache description and from there go to map mode showing the destination, then hit menu and scroll way down to the dashboard for the compass mode. Long process...would be nice to find a shorter method.

In map view there is a menu option to 'Show Compass' on the map. You can also choose from a few different compass styles.

4. Press MENU.

3. Press MENU.

B.

I was looking for the compass mode...not the map.

I did figure it out, though it's a bit convoluted. I have to go to the cache description and from there go to map mode showing the destination, then hit menu and scroll way down to the dashboard for the compass mode. Long process...would be nice to find a shorter method.