Final Coordinates Box

One Man and his Bike

In Mystery caches there is a box to enter the final coordinates (is this new?).

If you enter a set of coordinates that are west of the meridian and use a lower case W, when you hit save it becomes an E which kinda moves the location a touch.

e.g if I enter "n 51 01.950 w 001 30.250" in the box on a cache, select Solved from the dropdown and hit save I get "N 51° 01.950 E 001° 30.250"

I just tested and a lower case S will be converted to a N.

I think there may be a bug in the website parsing.

In Mystery caches there is a box to enter the final coordinates (is this new?).

If you enter a set of coordinates that are west of the meridian and use a lower case W, when you hit save it becomes an E which kinda moves the location a touch.

e.g if I enter "n 51 01.950 w 001 30.250" in the box on a cache, select Solved from the dropdown and hit save I get "N 51° 01.950 E 001° 30.250"

I just tested and a lower case S will be converted to a N.

I think there may be a bug in the website parsing.

Ach, Never mind it's a GreaseMonkey script that added it.

As a premium member you can add corrected co-ords to any cache. I'm not sure if those will be the co-ords when you download to GPS or Phone, but it's there.
Actually, corrected coordinates are available only for multi-caches and mystery/puzzle caches. They have been requested for all caches, and Groundspeak has confirmed that they think it is a good idea, so someday they may be available for all caches.