Geocoin without Tracking number...... Help!

Weasley_maestro

Hi,

I've just got excited and taken what I thought to be my first trackable out of the first cache I've found in France! Now I'm trying to log it, it turns out not to have a tracking number on it. The only things I can see are: A small engraved outline of a dog with the name fruity underneath, the words (and numbers) 2012, Geocaching, Sonia & Pascal, Flavianac 87 FR. There is aso an email address. I have already sent an email to that address trying my best to explain the situation! Is there anything else I can do with the coin? I'm fairly new to geocaching and this is my first coin I've found.. and as I'm travelling around soon I thought I might be able to help the coin on its journey but now I'm stuck!

Any suggestions/ideas would be helpful!

Thanks,

Emma

Thank you for checking in. It sounds like you found a personal coin/item or swag.

The rule of thumb for trackables is that it must say somewhere on the coin, sometimes on the edge, "Trackable on Geocaching.com" or some such variant.

Trackables need not be traded for with something of equal or greater value as they are intended to be moved but swag does.

Enjoy.

Not all coins you find in caches are necessarily trackable. I'd guess this coin is someone's signature item....just a personalized item they place in caches as a sort of calling card. As such it's basically swag....very nice swag, but swag nonetheless. Yours to trade for and keep. Unless there's some other reference on it for tracking purposes, that would be my guess.