Navigon on iPhone

Adventure.AS

I use the official Ground Speak app on my iPhone and some others as well but the "Find Nearby Geocaches" is too awkward (and possibly illegal) to use while driving. As well, the GS app won't provide turn-by-turn directions to a cache anyway.

While travelling I tend to use Navigon on my iPhone for point to point navigation as it doesn't require a data connection. Is there a way to upload my PQ route gpx file that I have created to the iPhone so that Navigon would display the caches near to my route as drove along?

I use Navigon for voice routing to caches. As far as I know it does not support GPX import. You could enter coordinates manually or try out one of the conversion programs if you have a jail broken phone, but the easiest way I know is through Geosphere (caching app). I have a "bookmark" (shortcut) set up for Navigon. I select a cache from within Geosphere, press the bookmark, the coordinates are transferred to Navigon and I am on my way.

Edited by geodarts