Ready to release my first geocoin into the wild!

#Tenzin

As a cacher who realy likes finding Geocoins, and one that gets exited by all those different ones I see in the wild. I have never released a coin of myself into the wild. I do have 2 traveling, but those are made from Fimo Clay where I used the trackable number of the coin. So the coins are at home in my collection. :) (I call those Trackables, not geocoins)

Since I am graduated now, and since I have a job. I am going to try sending out a Geocoin myself as well. I hope she does travel far and long. Since I heared Europe is still a relative safe place for Geocoins. :P

I choose this Dutch themed coin, that is pretty but still relative cheap.

Also the Silver version of this coin is the first geocoin I bought for myself, but that one is sold out.

Theme: Famous Dutch writer

Annie-AG-F.jpg

(She is going to collect pictures of herself on travels.)

I am exited already!

I hope she will do some good traveling, if she doesn't I probebly will not release another one anymore. But I definitly want to try since I do always enjoys coins from other people that I have seen traveling. :)

Edited by #Tenzin

As a cacher who realy likes finding Geocoins, and one that gets exited by all those different ones I see in the wild. I have never released a coin of myself into the wild. I do have 2 traveling, but those are made from Fimo Clay where I used the trackable number of the coin. So the coins are at home in my collection. :) (I call those Trackables, not geocoins)

Since I am graduated now, and since I have a job. I am going to try sending out a Geocoin myself as well. I hope she does travel far and long. Since I heared Europe is still a relative safe place for Geocoins. :P

Also the Silver version of this coin is the first geocoin I bought for myself, but that one is sold out.

Annie-AG-F.jpg

I am exited already!

I hope she will do some good traveling, if she doesn't I probebly will not release another one anymore. But I definitly want to try since I do always enjoys coins from other people that I have seen traveling. :)

Best of luck on your travel thru the geocaching world!

Annie-AG-F.jpg

I am exited already!

I do believe that Europe is a far better place for trackables to travel. We released "Corky" TB11BCM in Toscana, Italy in May of 2007, it moved around Austria until Feb. 08 when it then moved to the Czech Republic, it has been steadily moving around there ever since.

I hope yours fares better then one of mine that I really hated to lose. It had over 35,000 miles on it and from a couple of emails I received I'm about 99% sure a fairly new cacher grabbed it and is keeping it, he won't answer my email. That's the last coin or TB I'll turn loose.

-snipped-

I am exited already!

Best wishes to you and the coin on her travels !!

Don't be too disappointed if pictures of the travels are slow, or few. We have many travelers out and they seldom get pics posted, but it is really exciting when they do.

You also say: "release my first geocoin into the wild". It's been said many times before ... and remember ... you are releasing it INTO THE WILD. Whatever happens to it is in the hands of 'the wild'. Don't be discouraged if it disappears. That part is NEVER any fun, but if you keep releasing some kind of trackables, they will travel and the adventures will mount up.

Like the old story of 'not putting all your eggs in one basket'. Many travelers, a few lost, leaves many to remain traveling. We even had one resurface last week after nearly 2 years MIA.

Make sure you attach a mission or goal tag/sheet with it. As long as it stays with the coin, at least a noob cacher won't find it without any instructions or description and think: "Oh my, yes, there are treasures out here for me to find and keep ... just like in the treasure hunt stories".

Groundspeak now allows wanna-be-cachers to download apps to their smartphones and go out caching without even validating their e-mail. These new folks don't have a clue about caching etiquette, know nothing about trackables, and all they will know is that they found a 'keeper'.

Don't be too disappointed if pictures of the travels are slow, or few. We have many travelers out and they seldom get pics posted, but it is really exciting when they do.

My first TB is also collecting pictures, and he somethimes gets one. Not many, but idd rewarding when he does. :)

You also say: "release my first geocoin into the wild". It's been said many times before ... and remember ... you are releasing it INTO THE WILD. Whatever happens to it is in the hands of 'the wild'. Don't be discouraged if it disappears. That part is NEVER any fun, but if you keep releasing some kind of trackables, they will travel and the adventures will mount up.

Like the old story of 'not putting all your eggs in one basket'. Many travelers, a few lost, leaves many to remain traveling. We even had one resurface last week after nearly 2 years MIA.

Make sure you attach a mission or goal tag/sheet with it. As long as it stays with the coin, at least a noob cacher won't find it without any instructions or description and think: "Oh my, yes, there are treasures out here for me to find and keep ... just like in the treasure hunt stories".

Groundspeak now allows wanna-be-cachers to download apps to their smartphones and go out caching without even validating their e-mail. These new folks don't have a clue about caching etiquette, know nothing about trackables, and all they will know is that they found a 'keeper'.

I have my Coin already tagged that it is a Trackable, and should NOT be kept. I am making the TB page ready right now. Pictures I will make when the light is good. In the weekend or something. I decided to release her near my work. There is a safe cache over there. Hopefully it will have some nice travels. If it disapears, oh well.... This Coin didn't cost much, same as a TB tag. (Unlike some other Coins I have) But I know it looks much better, so I hope it doesn't encounter Gollum any time soon. If she does, bad luck I guess.

Every step is another one. Let's see how long she will last. :)

Edited by #Tenzin

I hope yours fares better then one of mine that I really hated to lose. It had over 35,000 miles on it and from a couple of emails I received I'm about 99% sure a fairly new cacher grabbed it and is keeping it, he won't answer my email. That's the last coin or TB I'll turn loose.

I am worried about sending out a coin for that exact reason!