GPS class, Springfield IL

Wadcutter

For those in the central IL area.

Class is being held at the State Museum, 1st and Edwards, Springfield, IL. 1 day class, same class repeated each day. Class size limited to the 1st 10 people each day. Cost is $25 each which includes lunch. Garmin Vistas are provided so everyone uses the same GPS. To reserve a place in class call 217-557-6093 and ask for Brian.

I have no interest in this class other than I'm registered for 1 of the days. I've heard some of the other classes on other topics put on at the museum have been excellent.

--------------------

G P S and Museum Mapping : Oct 8 - 12, 2002 9:00 am -4:00 pm

The workshop teaches the basic use of the Global positioning system for navigation and determining location, and explores how museums use this technology to document the cultural heritage of Illinois. The workshop will cover the following topics: a brief refresher course on latitude and longitude, using topographic maps for navigation, operating a personal G P S receiver, locating and recording positions with G P S, and applications of G P S in archaeology. This workshop is conducted partially outdoors and requires some mild hiking.